• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stephen Humphreys/Humphrays/Humphries/Humphrys

What I like about him, is he doesnt panic, sheer guts and determination , as cool as a cucumber in front of goal our lad Humphfreeze

To be honest Humphrys is the tip of the iceberg with this issue. Stephen McLaughlin has been with us for years and some of the spellings on here for him are ridiculous. Calling our new winger Sudoko is at best lazy and at worst arguably a bit racist.

That was me.

Nothing to do with the fact that N-doo-ku rhymes with suh-doo-ku, it’s purely because I’m obviously a massive racist.

Congratulations on finally unmasking me, after all these years.

Good grammar is essential...

It’s the difference between knowing your sh*t, as opposed to knowing you’re sh*t!!

That was me.

Nothing to do with the fact that N-doo-ku rhymes with suh-doo-ku, it’s purely because I’m obviously a massive racist.

Congratulations on finally unmasking me, after all these years.

Ha ha fair enough, maybe I was wide of the mark with the racist thing, I wasn’t 100% sure on your intentions hence why I said it was arguable. My apologies.

I would say if I had a surname like Ndukwu and someone at work kept calling me Mr Sudoko every day it would wear thin quite quickly though.

Anyway let’s move on with our lives.

Our peaceful bear cub Mr Humphrys. ??

Humphrys was first recorded as a UK name in NE Wales. Its an old French name Humfrey, from the Normans who came over and the name expanded, firstly in Wales, as a Humphry gave a lot of financial assistance and support to the Battle of Hastings and all that. Trouble was in the middle ages not many folks were literate , so as the Humfreys expanded, and as we required names to be registered , different scribes tried to write the name down as it sounded as the owner repeated it , so with this name quite a few variations developed,

Theres a bit of old Germanic in the name as well ( and a Family Humphrys Crest ) Hun means " bear cub " in the Germanic and frid or fred = peace and not a lot of people know that

We have a partially French peace loving Bear cub upfront ??? Back to bed for me and a rest

So we don't offend anyone, especially if a loanees families and the parent clubs assessor are within hearing range in the East.

Can we not shout "**** off back to Leicester Su-doo-ku, you useless ****"

The correct name is N-doo-Ku......If you have trouble pronouncing his surname rather than offend just insert the word black....

Now lets move on

What about Emile Acauah? His name was spelt wrong on the club site for a whole season, and has therefore ended up wrong on many sites, including Soccerbase.

It should be Acquah.

Our peaceful bear cub Mr Humphrys. ??

Humphrys was first recorded as a UK name in NE Wales. Its an old French name Humfrey, from the Normans who came over and the name expanded, firstly in Wales, as a Humphry gave a lot of financial assistance and support to the Battle of Hastings and all that. Trouble was in the middle ages not many folks were literate , so as the Humfreys expanded, and as we required names to be registered , different scribes tried to write the name down as it sounded as the owner repeated it , so with this name quite a few variations developed,

Theres a bit of old Germanic in the name as well ( and a Family Humphrys Crest ) Hun means " bear cub " in the Germanic and frid or fred = peace and not a lot of people know that

We have a partially French peace loving Bear cub upfront ??? Back to bed for me and a rest
And I thought it was a name invented by Unigate! “Watch out there’s a Humphry about.”
One for the more senior SZ’rs.

And I thought it was a name invented by Unigate! “Watch out there’s a Humphry about.”
One for the more senior SZ’rs.

Believe Frank Muir was the human in adverts from Call my Bluff days

Now that would not be allowed in today's world with poor Patrick Campbell the butt of all jokes due to his stammer

What about Emile Acauah? His name was spelt wrong on the club site for a whole season, and has therefore ended up wrong on many sites, including Soccerbase.

It should be Acquah.

The club should have held a Q & A session over the correct spelling.

What do you call a Camel with three humps?
Hump-3! :Tumbleweed:

But this does remind me of the Key & Peele Substitute Teacher Sketch :Hilarious:

Back