• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stephen Humphrys return?

I think that’s the only thing he could say!!!

Imagine if he said, “no, to be honest I’m not ready and I dont really want to risk further injury so the boys can stay up or not without me for now!”

I think that’s the only thing he could say!!!

Imagine if he said, “no, to be honest I’m not ready and I dont really want to risk further injury so the boys can stay up or not without me for now!”

Quite probably, but I only included the tweet to offer evidence of the 'No' answer to Dusterman.

Quite probably, but I only included the tweet to offer evidence of the 'No' answer to Dusterman.

Yeah thanks, I’m a bit confused by the point of the mask though and not doing the op until summer, as surely if he can train he can play?

Yeah thanks, I’m a bit confused by the point of the mask though and not doing the op until summer, as surely if he can train he can play?
You'd like to think so, but as others have said his injuries were pretty grim and as such need more time before he could risk contact in a game. Presumably the mask is protection purely for the injury and because he has commenced early 'get fit'. As for his bugle, I'm guessing that's a cosmetic job and so it can wait until the season's end. Of course I may be talking complete bollox, but it sounds about right to me.

I don't think the choice is his, and his quote below suggests the answer is nope!

Isn't it a bit ambiguous? Does it mean that it is not for him to select himself to play on Saturday? Or, does it mean that medical advice recommends he doesn't play? I suppose, the fact he didn't make an appearance today, would tend to sadly suggest the latter. If that's true we may have to accept we won't seem him play again this season.

You'd like to think so, but as others have said his injuries were pretty grim and as such need more time before he could risk contact in a game. Presumably the mask is protection purely for the injury and because he has commenced early 'get fit'. As for his bugle, I'm guessing that's a cosmetic job and so it can wait until the season's end. Of course I may be talking complete bollox, but it sounds about right to me.

I think you’re right on all, just desperate to get him on the pitch as he’d make such a difference to us. Saying that, the midfield is so bad he may not make any impact at all ?

Love him as a player though, great bit of business...

SOUTHEND United manager Kevin Bond says it will not be long until Stephen Humphrys is back in action.

More...
And it won't be long before the season is over Kevin. I think it will be very touch and go. Hope I'm wrong, but even if he does get back this season, we have seen from the other returnees that fitness and sharpness are not instant.

I wouldn't be too surprised it he was on the bench for Saturday, he's played a lot of football this season so his fitness levels shouldn't have dropped too much in the month out, if he's able to train he's able to play.

the op at the end of the season is likely similar to the MIke Tindall had before his wedding to but his schnozzle straight again

CP tweeted that SH had 15 fractured bones in his face and had to have 8 metal plates inserted.

I cant see that being ok after a month......
Absolutely this. It's sheer lunacy to expect him to be available so soon.

He needs to ‘man up’ and get back out there !
I’ve got a cold but I’m still going to work !

Emile Acquah bears a striking resemblance to the dancer in the opening credits of Tales Of The Unexpected and also to The Milk Tray Man.

I wonder if there is a family connection?
Well at least most readers on here are old enough to remember those two bits of TV.

I emailed the club and they said that they have asked permission for Humphrys to wear this on Saturday

iron mask.jpg

Back