• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Stephen Humphrys return?

Entirely reading too much into it, but in the last quote he doesn't say 'to stop US getting relegated'.

Nevertheless, would be a huge benefit to the squad.

The man is a legend already with an interview like that - if we stay up then next season could/should be a good one with him and Hopper up front with Cox playing just off them

S
the issue isn't likely to be the nose, but more the broken cheekbone and eyesocket which he's had set and perhaps grafted/plated. That'll need to be protected by the mask to ensure he can play, because a broken cheekbone can occasionally pierce the eyeball which is obviously really serious.
so why play him

Stephen Humphrys raring to go in training, and looking ahead to face Fleetwood, and hopes they get their noses infront.

Hunphrys.png

I'm going that it's a Bluebelles top...………..see left...

Yes good point.

Maybe the rules amongst the lads was you had to wear her top the next day to win the bet.

He certainly looks like he is celebrating.

I’d love to see him take any part of tomorrow’s game but I wouldn’t risk him and save him for the last 5. Just to have him back in contention is a blessing as I personally thought we wouldn’t see him again this season.

We need a result soon or it could become out of our hands.

I would put him on the bench because really we don't want to risk him, but if we have to he is there.

Any time we could get from him for the remaining games would be a bonus. Even at 70% he's probably better a better bet than anyone we have at the moment.

That is probably true. But wouldn't we rather have him available at 90%, even if it was just the last 4 games than risk losing him for the season after just 20 minutes at Fleetwood.

I think SH health and well being is more important than anything. I know he's dying to play, but it would be madness. Don't forget, we are top of the league in the long ball and hoof department. He would be well advised not to jump and risk a clash of heads on those bombs coming out of the sky, but I don't think he's the type to duck a ball or challenge.

Back