• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Stephen Humphrys Signs

I believe I'm correct in saying we were after him back in the summer. Definitely someone SCP has had his eye on for a while which makes this deal all the sweeter. Not a panic buy, but someone we've clearly wanted for ages.

Great signing for us, something up top that we’ve been missing a while, think he will do very well for us, wouldn’t surprise me at all if he chips in with 12 goals by the end of the season:Thumbs up:

By the end of the year might be a bit more realistic.

At the moment the oppositions back 4/5 can light up big cigars at RH and relax for the first 45 minutes. Someone who can change that will be a good start. If we then play with more tempo and purpose even better. If we mange to get out of our seats in the first 20 and other players actually look like they might score he will be doing a good job...….Goals, they will be just a bonus.

Welcome Mr Humphreys ! Wish you a long and successful career with Southend United.

Sounds like a decent prospect.

I have a feeling the fans will take to him.

Two excellent games to show his worth. Bradford away infront of a decent crowd and then Luton at home infront of a good home crowd.

I hope he is like a young Barry Corr. Big, strong and full of effort and goals.

Can he play today? That's probably a rhetorical question as this is the Zone and we're totally bollocks at finding out anything.

I just love the fact that he thinks we are a big club with ambition. Just goes to show that Ron is still a smooth talking f**ker.

Delighted to sign a permanent deal with @SUFCRootsHall. A great club with big ambitions and I can’t wait to get going and play in front of the fans. Thanks to @Midassports for getting the deal done

DxRDPjFXgAAl3fm.jpg:large

I'm gonna say it because it still suprises me a little bit that we're signing players that are young and have it all to play for, but this is the sort of signing PB could never do especially in January.

I just love the fact that he thinks we are a big club with ambition. Just goes to show that Ron is still a smooth talking f**ker.

Delighted to sign a permanent deal with @SUFCRootsHall. A great club with big ambitions and I can’t wait to get going and play in front of the fans. Thanks to @Midassports for getting the deal done

DxRDPjFXgAAl3fm.jpg:large
He didn't say we are a big club. He said great club with big ambitions. Just wanted to point that out ?

Looks a good signing on paper. He’s young, has some experience in our league and is a big unit which we’ve missed since Hopper went down injured. The other thing I’d say from the brief clips of him I’ve seen is, like Tom Hopper, he seems to have much more to his game than just being a target man that brings others into play. It will be interesting to see if the pair of them will play together next season.

For me, I’m not expecting a shed load of goals from him this year, we just need someone to help it stick up top and help us build attacks. We do still have some quality players in the final third but without a player of this type they’ve not been brought into play in the right areas enough this season.

I’m hopeful we’ll start to pick up a few results now.

Back