• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stephy Mavididi

I dont know how long he was at the academy for ,but it could possibly have been since he was 6 until he was 12 so therefore Southend Academy would have tutored him for possibly 6 years prior to the move to Arsenal ,my belief is that at the age of 11 a young player is really beginning to understand tactics ,training and what he needs to do to become successful .Maybe younger if hes a good listener .

Finley Burt is different because EEEP was in full flow. So Man City would've had to pay us for the years we've coached him bases on our academy category. This would've also come with pretty standard in EEEP tribunals. But Stephy would've left 8 nearly 9 years ago, and I don't know, don't think this was in place.

The first time a player is technically under contract to my knowledge is when they start their scholarship at 16 or 17. Before this a youth player is effectively a free agent each year in a sense, right? But there's an understanding that they'll be here next season. What's to say Arsenal didn't approach him then?

I'm pretty sure this is one of the key directives of EEEP so top flight clubs can't poach the best talent so ruthlessly.

best player to have come through our system?

Either him or Isaac Hayden. We also have that young lad that went to Manchester City at 13 Finley Burns for a world record for someone that age. Will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Back