• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stephy Mavididi

Ricey

I’m a Mod⭐⭐
Staff member
Former youth player who was signed by Arsenal has been sent on loan to Preston for the season. Highly rated by all accounts.

Signed for Juventus after they’ve tried to get him for the past three years.

Wonder if we get anything out of the deal.

Certainly don’t expect to write “signed for Juventus” in this forum again for a while.

He was the same age group as my lad when he was at the academy.I think we sold him when he was 12 for around£20k.Amazing story and fingers crossed for him and his family.

A big lad, Mavididi played for East London club Rippleway before joining Blues then Arsenal. Wonder if there are any sell-on clauses.

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fb1e63712-a183-11e8-8dd0-114e457a16b3.jpg

Read it was €2m fee. So, a nice 10% sell-on clause would be nice

That’s the first thing I looked at, have you seen how expensive their shirts are though!

I haven't. I just assumed it'd be roughly the same as any shirt. I don't know how numbering will work for the B team. If they're part of the first team, so he could be registered as 57 say, or if they get their own.

Don't know, but would guess we would have asked for one if we sold him to Arsenal, not common sense to leave it out.

It would go against common sense but he left as a 12-year-old. He wasn't even anywhere near a scholarship at that point. I don't know whether the club has the grounds to negotiate those kind of terms at that age, at that time. Maybe someone else knows more?

Don't know about the age cap on youngsters being signed and contract negotiations etc.. but I do remember Manchester City signing our Finely Burns for £175,000 a couple of years back, although I don't know if we still have any sell on %'s for him to this day.

Don't know about the age cap on youngsters being signed and contract negotiations etc.. but I do remember Manchester City signing our Finely Burns for £175,000 a couple of years back, although I don't know if we still have any sell on %'s for him to this day.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...urns-record-fee-southend-united-a7536886.html

"The fee could rise to £250,000 depending on his future success, according to The Times who revealed what is thought to be a record transfer fee for a player so young. Southend are also said to be due a sell-on fee should Burns leave for another club"

That's kind of the point i was trying to make in my earlier post. At what age do you think the cut off point should be for our club to receive compensation?

For example, records prove a 13 year old is acceptable, but our Southend United academy start teams from an under 6 level.
IMO surely we couldn't claim compensation from a player that left the club at the age of 6 or 7 and was developed by another club until his debut 11 years later at the age 17 or 18.

So what do fellow zoners think the cut off age should be?

Slightly off topic (and should belong on another thread) but along the lines of the SUFC academy.....For any parents or kids that are interested, Southend United are holding trial days this Wednesday 22nd August at Boots and Laces.

The times are as follows:

Under 6's, Under 7's, Under 8's and Under 9's = Between 09:00am - 10:30am

Under 10's, Under 11's and Under 12's = Between 11:30am - 1.00pm

Under 13's and Under 14's =Between 2.30pm - 4.00pm

Further information along with a link with the parental PDF form to fill in (it's passed the deadline, but you never know, the club might be able to bend the rules a little, if they don't have a full turn out).....anyway, it can be found here:

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2018/july/blues-academy-trial-day-u6s---u14s/

Back