• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Steve Arnold saves the best until last.

I spot a certain Simeon Akinola in that group I think? Between Bridge and Murphy
Would rule out him staying dependent on £££. Especially as he brings goals at this level and to guaranty that with a replacement will take similar £££ probably- key though above all is Currie's review on it. No one knows the player better so in this he will probably have a big input.

People might suggest Lopata coming here might suggest a lack of ambition. Actually it might show a healthy dose of common sense. Little difference between L2 and NL, playing in front of decent following and getting a game every week (no better way of developing a a CB). If he believes that we will get back into the EFL next year/be competing for promotion it would potentially be a very good development step.

Absolutely lovely guy too. Very humble.

Other titbits from last night:

* Harry Cardwell is in an air boot due to his ankle. Needs an operation but should be back for preseason training.

* Squad tour to either Scotland or Ireland in pre season being discussed.

* Squad retention meetings with the squad being held Monday and Tuesday.

* Amazingly the coaching team have a near fully fit squad to pick from. Who’d have thunk it?

* None of the players or coaching staff carry cash so couldn’t sell them raffle tickets.

* Danny Heath has had a chat with Kev about potentially taking over the B team. He’s a massive Southend fan too (first game in 1988 when he was 2).

* John White asks everyone if they can support his testimonial. He’s a great guy.

* Nearly forgot - the club is actively trying to sign Kacsper Lapota. This is not a wind up. Throwing everything at this to try and get it over the line.
I was castigated from here to Hullbridge on the Zone for saying we wanted to sign Lopata after the Alty win!
I knew then it to be true bearing in mind the source.
But can we convince our Kacper? Kciuki!

I was castigated from here to Hullbridge on the Zone for saying we wanted to sign Lopata after the Alty win!
I knew then it to be true bearing in mind the source.
But can we convince our Kacper? Kciuki!

I’m another to mention our pursuit of Lopata.

Whether it comes to fruition, who knows, and I can see it more of another loan deal than a permanent deal, but if we can get him in that would be massive.

Take it with a pinch of salt but when Luke put a pic up on insta the other day, lopata did say to him "see you next season"; time shall tell i guess!

Take it with a pinch of salt but when Luke put a pic up on insta the other day, lopata did say to him "see you next season"; time shall tell i guess!
Thought he said 'see you there'. Don't recall him mentioning next season in the comment.

I, like others, took that to mean he was going to be at the Hall on Sunday for our final game.

I think the only people missing were Ogogo (understandable), ANG (I stand to be corrected on that as didn't see everyone!) and Matt Dennis - which was embarrassing as he won the Goal of the Season.

I think the only people missing were Ogogo (understandable), ANG (I stand to be corrected on that as didn't see everyone!) and Matt Dennis - which was embarrassing as he won the Goal of the Season.
Didn’t see Kenny Clark there Kay? I was looking out for him as I had a couple of programmes he wanted.

I reckon we need Sheffield United to be promoted to have a chance on Lopata. He is not yet a Premier League quality player and SU will want to concentrate their resources on staying there.

I reckon we need Sheffield United to be promoted to have a chance on Lopata. He is not yet a Premier League quality player and SU will want to concentrate their resources on staying there.
The Blades fans are not at all hopeful of making the final. I watched their first leg game against Forest and Forest were by far the superior team. Had it not been for Sheffield's last minute goal it would be all over by now, but you never know with that lot. They tell me that their boss is looking for two more CB's so maybe it depends on that business being successful to dictate what happens with the young U23 players for the next season.

Back