• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blue Army

Schoolboy
I hate it when excuses are made for a team,especially after losing 3-0, but we were more than equal to Col******r today and was done over by inadequate refereeing. We matched them and it could have gone either way before the sendings off.

I was thinking in the first half how poor the ref was and how he didnt let blatant advantages go. Stopped any flow to the game and was booking people for slightly mistimed challenges, not mallicous, the sort of challenge you would expect to get away with at least a couple of times before any booking.

I didnt see what happened with Maher, even though i was almost opposite the incident in terrace 4, i was watching JCR attack, but heard it was pure simulation and a massive error by the officials.

Gower had barely put in a challenge and, I admit, was late but a bit of leniancy wouldn't of gone a miss. He went for the ball, was his first fouling offence and just mistimed it. Another error from Steve Bennett, even the Col U fans around me said he had lost control of the game.

At least he showed he wasnt being biased, simply completely incompetent by doing the same with the Col******r player. Not a dirty challenge in the game (except maybe the Maher incident) and 3 sendings off.

Well done Steve, you may not of been in the premiership today but there was no need to make sure you got noticed by making a complete c%&t out of yourself and ruining what was shaping up to be quite a decent contest.

w&nkER!!!!!!

He was a total embarrassment for both teams. Showed a complete lack of ability to read the game in not giving all those advantages you mention, and giving far too many idiotic fouls which led to him totally losing the plot later on. He should be sacked.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ColUShifty @ Nov. 25 2006,18:43)]He was a total embarrassment for both teams. Showed a complete lack of ability to read the game in not giving all those advantages you mention, and giving far too many idiotic fouls which led to him totally losing the plot later on. He should be sacked.
Seconded, although it feels strange to be agreeing with a Col U fan at this point in time
mad.gif

Isn't it a pity that supporters of both sides were robbed of any chance of watching a decent match by a ref who clearly considered the game below him. His attitute from the start was typical of a man who wanted to be the centre of attention rather then the 22 players we all paid to see. This farce of prima donna ref's has been allowed to go on far too long, especially when managers and players are regularly fined for bringing the game in to disrepute. Its high time that Bennett and Pol were brought too task. Perhaps if we all demanded our money back !

Wasn't it Duguid / linesman that got Maher sent off? Perhaps the anger should be directed at them.

Gutted with that, 7 points off of safety now and I think we could of gone on to win that if Col******r hadn't resorted to cheating tactics.

I think the FA/UEFA should (but wont) take action on these types of things. If this ever did happen I think it would be a good idea, but obviously wouldnt come into affect yet.

I think that when something like that happens, when a game is even, and someone blatantly cheats (if they look back and Duguid did indeed use amateur dramatics to get Maher sent off) then I think they should not only remove the ban that Maher would normally get, but give Duguid a lengthy ban, at least 5 games, and even remove the points off of Col******r. Maybe in the future when this sort of thing happens and the team who cheated go on to win, they could have a void (think thats the word) game? Just an idea, I could see it working if it was ever in place. What do you think?

You could tell he was a **** after booking McCormack after 0.01 seconds and then a few challenges later and the Col Ewe players are still getting away with it ...

That was the worst performance form a referee I have EVER seen.

Asolutely shocking

He wasn't looking the opposite direction when the maher incident happened and the lino MUST have an impared view due to dugid facing directly opposite.

I think I m right in saying that the lino didn't even flag and it was the fact that dugid was on the floor that the ref had to stop play. THEN the ref talked to the lino.

Gower's second booking was incredibly harsh - it was a forward's challenge - nothing mallicious, AND dugid fell very very dramatically.

Apart from all this, he made some stupid bookings for both sides and was very inconsitant - there were times when us and col u should have been booked - but he didn't act.

The ref cost us this game.

3 nil sound a thrashing - but can you blame us? - no way. I thought we coped very well - we simply didn't have enough outfield players on the pitch

We still gave oura ll and I feel that if we were in col u's position we could have taken adavntage even more.

I am still revved up so have resisted posting anything.

This referee though was a useless, incompetent, hateful c&nt of the highest order. Worse ref I have seen, EVER!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MC BLUES @ Nov. 25 2006,20:55)]I am still revved up so have resisted posting anything.

This referee though was a useless, incompetent, hateful c&nt of the highest order. Worse ref I have seen, EVER!!!
Hard too think his a prem Ref
suspect.gif
where do they get them from!!
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 25 2006,21:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MC BLUES @ Nov. 25 2006,20:55)]I am still revved up so have resisted posting anything.

suspect.gif
mad.gif
Col******r by any chance?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fredheim_holm @ Nov. 25 2006,21:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Nov. 25 2006,21:23)]
[b said:

suspect.gif
mad.gif
Col******r by any chance?
yes he must be sh@ggin a Col u's mother who is really there father!!

glad to see he removed his southend shirt after 55 mins and became a ref-albeit a bad one

Wearing a Southend shirt for the 1st 55mins? McCormack got booked in the 1st 5 mins....aahhh well it has to be done 6-4 on aggregate!!

Back