• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrevorFitzpatrickHattrick

Prolific Striker⭐
Steve Evans is stating in my local paper that their forthcoming game against Shrewsbury is the "monster fixture" in the entire League 2 season. Personally, I don't think it's even the monster fixture of the weekend.

My question is, what have you made of Crawley so far? To me, they look like a robust and functional side with a few standout players. The fact that they're the only side that'll be able to seriously spend in January means they should certainly be in or around the top seven, but I'd love to see them fail because:

a) Evans is a cheating crook.
b) They are the most tinpot side I've ever seen.

TFH

Like many of his kind before he basically believes his own hype. They are a decent strong sid and I think they will bully a few sides into submission. Tubbs clearly knows where the goal is and they have Simpson, Barnett and Davis all of who I rate.

However I think that class will show through in the long run and I think by the end of the season with the **** support they have they will either have run out of money or steam or maybe both.

Steve Evans is a big mouthed wa*£er . I hope him and Crawley Town finish out of the play offs this Season. The way he acted when we played them last time out was a disgrace. No respect for anyone...he is an ***...THE END:angry:

Thought they were a bunch of thugs when we played them and he is an even bigger gobshite mouthed thug. I'd suggest they've "manipulated" the financial regs that apply to lower league sides for their own benefit and hope they sink and fade without trace in the not too distant future.

Unfortunately, the media being what the media is, they'll probably get the lion's share of the media coverage this weekend....Claridge will probably endeavour to bring them into any conversation about us!

I think with Morecombes recent little dip in form being in 6th place, Crawley vs Shrewsbury is probably a more top of the table clash. 2nd vs 4th is bigger than 1st vs 6th I am afraid.

Steve Evans is still a knob though.

I'd suggest they've "manipulated" the financial regs that apply to lower league sides for their own benefit

Its easy to see for anyone that a club with Crawleys support can in no way support the wages they are paying their players. How on earth are they getting away with breaking the regulations?????

Its easy to see for anyone that a club with Crawleys support can in no way support the wages they are paying their players. How on earth are they getting away with breaking the regulations?????

I think its more to do with income/turnover rather than gate size. Even so it does seem strange as gate receipts must form the majority of income?

I don't know but I would hazard a guess that actual wages that are registered on the contracts and with the FA are of a nominal nature and the vast bulk of the players earnings are paid in bonuses and gratuities.

I think with Morecombes recent little dip in form being in 6th place, Crawley vs Shrewsbury is probably a more top of the table clash. 2nd vs 4th is bigger than 1st vs 6th I am afraid.

Steve Evans is still a knob though.

Well 2nd vs 3rd was even bigger then when we played Shrewsbury. Evans really is a knob.

I don't know but I would hazard a guess that actual wages that are registered on the contracts and with the FA are of a nominal nature and the vast bulk of the players earnings are paid in bonuses and gratuities.

That worked well for him at Boston!

I think Crawley will definitely go up when they have the firepower that they have.
Evans is the only monster in that fixture though, fat bloated tosspot. His behaviour at Roots Hall should not have gone unpunished, complete disrespect for the officials and opponents.

But Evans is quoted as saying their game versus the Shrews is one of the games of the SEASON. For me, he's the perfect embodiment of Crawley Town: tinpot and classless.

wish them all the worst.
cant stand the bloke, his comments and dicanio's "we must beat the lesser teams like southend" make my blood boil.
I just hope we carry on going quietly about our business and beat the lot of them.

At the end of the day, they are the bookies favourite to win this league, so don't expect them to finish outside the top Three. When they are good, they are very good. I would love them to fail tho, as I feel they are the most hated club in this league and have an absolute nob of a manager, certainly the most biased I have heard for Years.

I cannot see Crawley finish in top 3, I think one of the team in the top 10 place will make a late run and finish in top 3 at end of the season. I only worry about Southend keep winning and the next target before Christmas is to reach 42 points to give us an platform for the 2nd half of the season - 80 points is enough to go up in League 2!

TBH, I'll be quite happy to be off the radar for as much of the season as possible, as long as we keep winning and stay there or thereabouts for the run-in.
Evans and DiCanio can have all the press they want, it's on the park where Leagues are won and I feel that we now have a SQUAD that is really beginning to feel good and believe in themselves just as the fans are beginning to believe; that is far more important than column inches and a few quotes from Claridge on the box.

Love him or hate him, one of the things I've admired about Fergie is how he manages to keep his squad feeling like the most persecuted underdogs there've ever been while they canter to titles and silverware galore, if it's good enough for them then I'll happily follow suit.....

Steve Evans is stating in my local paper that their forthcoming game against Shrewsbury is the "monster fixture" in the entire League 2 season. Personally, I don't think it's even the monster fixture of the weekend.

TBH, who cares? Evans can say what he likes, he's a **** and that will never change. One day he'll get his comeuppance and I'll laugh, in the meantime I aim to give him as little of my attention as possible.

He knows we're going to run away with the league so in a sense he is correct. It's like in Formula One when the TV cameras concentrate on the race for second as the leader blasts his way clear of the pack.

He really is one of the biggest PRICKS in football. In both games we have played them this season he has been a joke! he's also a sore loser. I hope Crawley don't go up!

wish them all the worst.
cant stand the bloke, his comments and dicanio's "we must beat the lesser teams like southend" make my blood boil.
I just hope we carry on going quietly about our business and beat the lot of them.

Bet Di Canio feels a right mug now..... :smile:

Back