• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Irwin

Stats

aka Ian Poulter
As the tributes fly in for the madcap Aussie I recall my favourite clip of him

He was out looking for a King Cobra

Dancing around it waving his arms about, the Cobra kept spitting venom at him, steve for once actually took a safety precaution and wore some protective googles

Cobra's aim was pretty good he got him numerous times on the goggles to which steve kept saying ''boy that was lucky could of blinded me without em''

Legend!!

Yeah that one always springs to mind when I think of him, was great to watch!

First time I saw him on TV he was holding one of the most poisoness (sp?) snakes in the world really close to his face and the snake was actually licking him!

The guy was a legend, and he died doing what he loved. It's probably the way he'd have wanted to go...

The clip I remember was the first I saw of him, wrestling a crocodile, almost getting his head bitten off before he subdued it, then turning to the camera and proclaiming 'Crikey! That was a lively one!'

Very sad indeed.

A real true blue bloke who was one of the very few aussies loved and admired around the world.
A total waste but the bloke died the way he lived, ironically filming a programme called "The Worlds most Dangerous".

A nice touch that you probably don't know is that it was Fathers Day in Aus the day before.
Steve would have had a great day the day before, would have felt appreciated by his kids and would have heard lots of nice things from them which i'm sure were still with him the next day.

Very sad
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Sep. 04 2006,13:58)]wore some protective googles
I think you'll find Stats that it was actaully a pair of sunglasses, as I seem to remember him saying 'lucky I had me sunnies! '

Legend - will be missed in the LB household

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Sep. 05 2006,02:55)]A nice touch that you probably don't know is that it was Fathers Day in Aus the day before.
Steve would have had a great day the day before, would have felt appreciated by his kids and would have heard lots of nice things from them which i'm sure were still with him the next day.
Or, had a massive row with his missus and gone to work with the right hump then booted a big Stingray...
Actually his Wife is in the out back.. make that the Mother in Law

He should have know that stingrays don't have a blow hole. Sticking his finger in it was never going to be a smart move
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back