• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve (Ldnfatso) and the Prediction League

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
I'm sure you will have seen in the chit-chat forum the tragic news about Steve (Ldnfatso).

I am totally devastated by the news and trying to come to terms with it. Steve was a close friend, we used to sit together in the South Upper, attended numerous away games by coach, train and car, used to commute together to Liverpool Street, and in recent weeks can often be spotted on the way to work near Aldqate High Street, putting the world to rights, me in my Southend Coat and Steve in his Southend hat.

Steve was also a regular predictor on this forum and has won virtually all the honours. I remember the time he boldly predicted six 0-0 draws, he was by no means top scorer that day, but that didn't matter to Steve in the slightest. With Steve at the bottom of the Southend PL I suggested to him that he should stop predicting us to win, and that perhaps his predicting would cost us promotion, he responded in style a win at Mansfield with his wildcard.

Good and Bad, he was a great mate and will be greatly missed.

With a heavy heart I have to think about the Prediction League without Steve.

Steve has scored 45 points in 10 sets of fixtures and there are three fixtures left, I would like to see him in the final table, I therefore suggest that we give him his average score for the next three sets of fixtures i.e 5, 4 and 5 (rounded up by half a point). Hope this is Ok with everyone.

I also suggest that in Steve's absence, only three are relegated this session but also an extra promotion place ( four automatic and four in the play-offs) making 25 in Division One next session not 24.

I feel guilty for even thinking about this at this time, but I'm sure Steve would want the show to go on. If anyone has any other ideas please let us know.

Pete

That's a great idea.

Could we not also cheat massively in honour of Steve. Maybe have a cup for the biggest cheat

So its you 2 that i see about London a fair bit then? I work just off of Lemans Street, but quite often head up towards Aldgate high street and see a couple of fellow shrimpers around, small world.
as for the prediction league i think that's a fantastic idea

Cracking idea, how about as an idea have an extra cup competition in his honour or change the name of one of the cup competitions? Just a thought.

Cracking idea, how about as an idea have an extra cup competition in his honour or change the name of one of the cup competitions? Just a thought.

I think this is a good idea :thumbsup:

I also think your idea, Pete, is a sound one too. Remember that a similar situation to this, when Harry died, is what caused the much missed BLUEBLOOD to leave SZ. You have all our support.

Good idea Pete - any way you can "cheat" it. I remember that time him posting his predictions after the games had been played :smile:

Thanks for all your thoughts, I'm thinking of an extra competition for the next session which I think Steve would have loved.

Basically a competition where you get points if you predict incorrectly, so if you get for instance four results wrong you score 4 points in the competition which may(or may not) be called the "Fatso/Fasto/Gower Trophy". If you get all six results wrong then you are awarded a "Gower point" At the end of the session if you're level on points then whoever has the most "Gower points" would win.

So it should be that if your bottom of the Main Prediction League then you should be at the top of this competition, so everyone should have an interest at one end or the other.

Well that's what I'm thinking about at the moment but with two games in four days it's a busy time in the PL so after these games I'll formalise the idea and post it.

Any thoughts welcome!!!

PS Steve would have predicted the six underdogs to win 10-0 just so he could he be top!

Back