• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve Tilson

Steve Tilson - Would you give him the job full time?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would prefer a more experienced man incharge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Benfleet_Blue

Despite the wonders what Tilly has done I dont feel he is ready just yet, I would like to see a new man in the summer. Anyone know of avaliable managers?

Anyone know what happened about the Cotterill situation?
sad.gif

He has done as well and probably better than any other person would have been expected to do.

The Tilly/Brush combo deserve a chance.

We dont want another situation like the newman situation, I would hate to see Tilly go
sad.gif

The Tilly/Brush combination works ! Extend their contracts now !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet_Blue @ April 16 2004,01:21)]Despite the wonders what Tilly has done I dont feel he is ready just yet, I would like to see a new man in the summer. Anyone know of avaliable managers?

sad.gif
The proof, as they say, is in the pudding! How you can feel he's not ready is quite beyond me. There willl be bad runs, I'm sure, but he has turned the team around... we play good football... he's brought in good players... we're scoring goals... he guided us to our first ever final.

A seasoned manager could be 'ready' and then do a terrible job (proof of that is also available).

What, pray tell, does he have to do to convince you? We need a bit of stability for once.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 16 2004,07:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet_Blue @ April 16 2004,01:21)]Despite the wonders what Tilly has done I dont feel he is ready just yet, I would like to see a new man in the summer. Anyone know of avaliable managers?

sad.gif
The proof, as they say, is in the pudding! How you can feel he's not ready is quite beyond me. There willl be bad runs, I'm sure, but he has turned the team around... we play good football... he's brought in good players... we're scoring goals... he guided us to our first ever final.

A seasoned manager could be 'ready' and then do a terrible job (proof of that is also available).

What, pray tell, does he have to do to convince you? We need a bit of stability for once.
Totally agree! We're walking in a Tilly wonderland!
biggrin.gif

One thing Tilly and Brush seem to have instilled in the squad is a bit more confidence and self-belief in their own abilities.

There is also competion in virtually all positions on the pitch. 12 months ago you could virtually work out the 11 names each week.

Compare the midfield we had twelve months ago to the opportunities we have now, particularly if we can retain Pettefer and Jay Smith doesn't break down again.

We have Gower, Conny, Maher, Smith, Pettefer, Bentley each with solid claims for a place in the starting line up. We also have players, if retained, like Jenks, Clark and Hunt that can play though I doubt if anyone can put forward a solid claim for one of these to go ahead of the six named above.

Up front, in addition to the kids that seem to keep breaking their thumbs on the gameboys Dudfield, Bramble, Conny and Donkey.

In defence, Nicky (if retained), Wozza, Hunt, Cort, Jupp. With Jenks, Stuart and possibly Macca waiting in the wings. This is one area we do need to strengthen for next season. Another centre half would be nice and would get Cort looking over his shoulder.

Also on the shopping list for next year I'd have another winger to do the job Jenks/Clark have had so many opportunities to do but failed miserably.

I hope this is not the start of yet another false dawn but, the team is on the up, attendances are on the up, optimism is as high as it's been for many a year.

Each of the managers we have had over the last 10 years have had their equal share of supporters and detractors.
I think we can all stand accused over the last few years trying to pressurise the board about one managerial decision or another and possibly created some knee jerk reactions along the way.

I don't blame the board for waiting this time around but if Shrimperzone is not united I'd like to think an overwhelming majority would be heaviliy in favour of a Tilly/Brush 12 month contract NOW !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet_Blue @ April 16 2004,00:21)]Despite the wonders what Tilly has done I dont feel he is ready just yet, I would like to see a new man in the summer. Anyone know of avaliable managers?

sad.gif
Are you having a laugh?
rock.gif

Just look at their results and the change in the teams passion and belief, if we appointed a new man i would boycott the games next year.

Give him the job now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 16 2004,09:35)]One thing Tilly and Brush seem to have instilled in the squad is a bit more confidence and self-belief in their own abilities.

There is also competion in virtually all positions on the pitch. 12 months ago you could virtually work out the 11 names each week.

Compare the midfield we had twelve months ago to the opportunities we have now, particularly if we can retain Pettefer and Jay Smith doesn't break down again.

We have Gower, Conny, Maher, Smith, Pettefer, Bentley each with solid claims for a place in the starting line up. We also have players, if retained, like Jenks, Clark and Hunt that can play though I doubt if anyone can put forward a solid claim for one of these to go ahead of the six named above.

Up front, in addition to the kids that seem to keep breaking their thumbs on the gameboys Dudfield, Bramble, Conny and Donkey.

In defence, Nicky (if retained), Wozza, Hunt, Cort, Jupp. With Jenks, Stuart and possibly Macca waiting in the wings. This is one area we do need to strengthen for next season. Another centre half would be nice and would get Cort looking over his shoulder.

Also on the shopping list for next year I'd have another winger to do the job Jenks/Clark have had so many opportunities to do but failed miserably.

I hope this is not the start of yet another false dawn but, the team is on the up, attendances are on the up, optimism is as high as it's been for many a year.

Each of the managers we have had over the last 10 years have had their equal share of supporters and detractors.
I think we can all stand accused over the last few years trying to pressurise the board about one managerial decision or another and possibly created some knee jerk reactions along the way.

I don't blame the board for waiting this time around but if Shrimperzone is not united I'd like to think an overwhelming majority would be heaviliy in favour of a Tilly/Brush 12 month contract NOW !
And with SZ votes going to 3 leading contenders for POTY. I don't think that is unrelated to what Tilly / Brush have managed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Benfleet_Blue @ April 16 2004,00:21)]Despite the wonders what Tilly has done I dont feel he is ready just yet, I would like to see a new man in the summer. Anyone know of avaliable managers?

sad.gif
I dont see what more he has to do, We look like a completely different side to the one that was gonna get us relegated.

We are playing with Confidence and beleif, the team is motivated, we reached our first national final in 98 years, poss top half finish, the atmosphere at the Hall is electric.

Theres only one man to thank and he should be given a 2 year contract

Step forward Steve Tilson

Cant believe, after all what Tilly has done for us this season, people even question if he should be given the job full time. At the start of the season, lets face it we were sh*te. Then Wignall left and we were average for a few games with Webb. Now Tillys come in with Brush and hes turned our whole season around were now midtable. And lets not forget the small matter of that final in cardiff we went to. Not only that but we are actually playing good football and he has turned us into battlers aswell, cant remember the last time we were 2-0 down then won 3-2 before monday. He has also brought in some good signins and loans. eg. Petts, Dudfield, Hunt (i think), Nicolau, Bentley. He has a good eye for a player too, hes supported the club his whole life. The list is endless! GIVE HIM THE JOB FULL TIME!!!!!!
tounge.gif

The man I feel sorry for in all of this is Steve Wignall. I still can't see what he done to deserve the bullet.

We need stability in management otherwise we can not progress the current players enjoy playing for tilson/brush and have show much musto in games he has been in control of therefore tilson should be given extention in contract, and see how it goes next season!!

In a heartbeat I would give him the job, otherwise we will never know what could have been with him at the helm full time.

Come on Uncle Ron.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 16 2004,10:06)]The man I feel sorry for in all of this is Steve Wignall.  I still can't see what he done to deserve the bullet.
I hope you're joking?

If Wignall was still in charge we could expect to be booking trips to places like Dagenham & Redbridge next season.

Conference football at the Hall would have been a certainty.

Tilly and Brush should be given a two-year contract.

Wignall should be given a job as Chief Scout - the team is still basically players he signed.....

IMO we don't need Wignall's scouting prowess. Yes, he brought in some good players, but the jury is till out on Broughton, Stuart, Odunis (and would be on Embo) etc... and as for the likes of Wilson... well...

Tilly / Brush (and their scouting networks) have also proven to be good judges to date.

Tilson is a bloody genius and should be given a decent long term contract alongside Brush.

No compromise Ron, Do it NOW!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper Zoo @ April 16 2004,10:06)]The man I feel sorry for in all of this is Steve Wignall.  I still can't see what he done to deserve the bullet.
I'm not a big fan of personal attacks.

But there are times when exceptions are called for.

tw*t

Btw you're not Alvin Martin are you.
laugh.gif

Back