• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was Steve Tilson's great achievement at Southend United?

• Drawing at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bumped into Steve at Paper Mill Lock today. Had a chat like he was my best mate, asked how I was etc and I asked the same. We shook hands and he wandered off.

I may not have fully agreed with all his decisions back in the day but he's always been such a nice bloke

Bumped into Steve at Paper Mill Lock today. Had a chat like he was my best mate, asked how I was etc and I asked the same. We shook hands and he wandered off.

I may not have fully agreed with all his decisions back in the day but he's always been such a nice bloke
Yeah known Steve ages always got time for people.Genuine nice fella and was loyal to the club.

Yeah, had many a chat over a cup of coffee in Costa in Hadleigh back when he was working at SEEVIC, and countless times he's been in our office. Always a lovely fella.

FORMER Southend United manager Steve Tilson still gets goosebumps recalling the Shrimpers’ 1-1 draw at Chelsea.

More...

SOUTHEND United legend Steve Tilson will be looking back on his career to help raise money in memory of his father next month.

More...

Great stuff, was it filmed at all? Be good to get the 'rub of the green'.

Last edited:
AFTER 275 games as a Southend United player and 358 as manager, Steve Tilson has been involved in more Shrimpers matches than anyone else in the club’s history.

More...

Some great games there.
I was there to see 8 out of the 10 games on Tilly's list. I missed out on the Man Utd and Millwall matches but watched both on the TV.
Wonderful memories.

STEVE Tilson still vividly remembers leading the fans’ singing from the stands following Southend United’s League One title winning season.

More...

FORMER Southend United boss Steve Tilson says beating Lincoln City in the League Two play-off final remains ‘one of the best days of his life.’

More...

Back