• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve, you out there?

Me neither, great isn't it?
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 30 2004,12:55)]Insurance is w-e-l-l expensive. Jeez.

Kev

rock.gif
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Tip. DOn&#39;t do what I did and lose your license....

Then you know what the word expensive REALLY means...</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Jan. 30 2004,13:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 30 2004,12:55)]Insurance is w-e-l-l expensive. Jeez.

Kev

rock.gif
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Tip. DOn't do what I did and lose your license....

Then you know what the word expensive REALLY means...</span>
With me as a second driver on my dad's jeep its £400.

Me, on my own, with a Ford Fiesta 1.1 LX '94 is like £1500. Tried Tesco and Liverpool Victoria and got nearly the same. Cant stand doing this sh*t. Takes ages as well. Hmm.....

Feck that. I only have about 250 quid and 200 quid of that is 'safely' in the bank...

Kev

tounge.gif

I am pretty certain that no-one anywhere is gonna insure a 17 year old that passed his test a week ago for £250 Kev.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 30 2004,13:15)]I am pretty certain that no-one anywhere is gonna insure a 17 year old that passed his test a week ago for £250 Kev.....
I know that. Oh well. It depends what my dad wants to do. Either let me use his jeep, or spend 2K on a car and insurance of my own!

Tough one!

Kev

rock.gif

Have you tried the AA website? I think you can type in your details and they search for the best deal for you....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 30 2004,13:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Jan. 30 2004,13:15)]I am pretty certain that no-one anywhere is gonna insure a 17 year old that passed his test a week ago for £250 Kev.....
I know that. Oh well. It depends what my dad wants to do. Either let me use his jeep, or spend 2K on a car and insurance of my own!

Tough one!

Kev

rock.gif
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Can't you just get your ma or pa to be the 'owner' of the Fiesta? That's what I did, and the cost went from £1700 something to £300...

Now the points are cleared, I'm happy with the £400 I now have being under my name...
biggrin.gif
</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Durera @ Jan. 30 2004,13:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 30 2004,13:17)]
[b said:

Tough one!

Kev

rock.gif
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Can't you just get your ma or pa to be the 'owner' of the Fiesta? That's what I did, and the cost went from £1700 something to £300...

Now the points are cleared, I'm happy with the £400 I now have being under my name...  
biggrin.gif
</span>
Yeah but i want to build up my no claims bullsh*t according to the parents ....

Kev

cool.gif

Kev, tip get your own insurance. You gotta build up those no claim bonuses sooner or later so you might as well start now. Living off daddy is all well and good but in the long run it&#39;s the better thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Vange Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2004,13:30)]Durera, do u think Kev forgot to de-mist the car and had the music blaring out when he did his test like someone we know?&#33;&#33;&#33;
tounge.gif
laugh.gif
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Still passed with only 2 minors&#33;

wink.gif
laugh.gif
</span>

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 30 2004,13:28)]Kev, tip get your own insurance. You gotta build up those no claim bonuses sooner or later so you might as well start now. Living off daddy is all well and good but in the long run it's the better thing.
<span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Sounds good, but false, I didn't 'own' a car after the revoke 'til 2002. I pay £400 for 2 of us on a 2litre - no amount of no-claims would bring that down to compensate the amount that I saved by putting it under Ma Durera's name...</span>

Got a quote of £600. Car should cost about the same amount and my dad is paying for half. Apparently i have some secret stash my mum has put away plus they are giving me a few hundred quid when they go away to Malaga in May with my brother and another family so it looks like im going out shopping soon.

Kev

smile.gif
biggrin.gif

£560 fully comp on a 3.0 V6 motor, ah the benefits of full no claims and being an old git!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrB @ Jan. 30 2004,16:26)]£560 fully comp on a 3.0 V6 motor, ah the benefits of full no claims and being an old git!
Anyone ask you!? Er .......... NO!!  
tounge.gif
 Looks as if the Ford Fiesta will be mine but for some reason, im not over the moon about it. Only passed 3 days ago and its all doom and gloom. Not sure what the problem is of me driving the jeep for nothing, personally ................

Kev

smile.gif
rock.gif
wow.gif
cool.gif
<---- sum's up how i'm feeling at the moment

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 30 2004,16:39)]Anyone ask you!? Er .......... NO!!  
tounge.gif
 Looks as if the Ford Fiesta will be mine but for some reason, im not over the moon about it. Only passed 3 days ago and its all doom and gloom. Not sure what the problem is of me driving the jeep for nothing, personally ................

Kev

smile.gif

rock.gif

wow.gif

cool.gif
 <---- sum's up how i'm feeling at the moment
Tch, must be spoilt brat syndrome.

Back