• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Fatso in person, but found him to be one of the best members on SZ (even if he did try and wind people up).

A big loss for SUFC.

Naps - my thoughts with you and your family.

RIP

Steven was 41, I think. No age at all. Will leave Red rep for him. He wouldn't want it any other way.

RIP fella, will miss your company.

Awful news. Sit two rows behind him in the South Upper with my dad and brother. He was one of those people that made going to a Tuesday night game in February more bearable. Ripping into opposition players, making those around himi laugh. Matchdays at the Hall won't be the same.

RIP mate.

Such sad news. I didn't know him personally but am pretty sure I have shared a few TZ trips with him in the past.My thoughts are with all his family and friends. RIP.

Very sad news.
Only met him once but made me feel welcome and I appreciated that.
His posts will be missed and my condolences go out to his family.
RIP

RIP to a fellow Shrimper. 41 is no age at all and my thoughts are with all those who knew and loved him.

Didn't know him personally but knew who he was and had the pleasure of sitting just behind him at the Rochdale game just before Christmas, as has been said already, a real character.

No one should be taken at that age. Travel well young man, to a place were Blues win every game, RIP.

I met Steve for a few beers at the England vs Brazil game - the first England game at the new Wembley after we saw on here that we were both going. He was a really nice guy. We spoke briefly a few times since but so many other times I had the opportunity to say hello and didn't. Feel terrible about that now.

RIP buddy.

Still can't get my head around it. 41 is no age and his many, many friends and family have been truly robbed. :-(

Naps, I'm so sorry for your loss mate and I'm so sad writing this.

As others have said, you always came away from a conversation with Steven with a bigger smile than when you joined it. I loved the way he parodied the rep system on here and made it his own, and we'll always remember his rants about Marky Gower. Then there's the Fasto episode and many more...

Will miss him on here and in real life at the games and in the pub. RIP Steven.

As a man who sat next to him for many years in the Upper South I and my son luckyluca are truly devastated . Funny guy , still laugh about the treatment of Gower! Him giving the abuse , me ,head in hands , the silly picture of Scannell on the Pukka Pie advert and when he came and watched Luca play for the Academy marching across middle of the pitch , with the game having to wait for Steve, the dads still talk about it . Going to miss you Steve RIP

That's terribly sad news. RIP Steven. My deepest condolences to the family, you'll be in my prayers.

Always a brilliant contributor to the board. Like many, we never met in person despite being Facebook pals and exchanging banter on there too.

Tragically this is the second person taken too soon this weekend after loosing a hockey team mate on Saturday.

Life is all too short, and we must make the very most of every day.

Back