• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe, but that isn't his name. I guess it's up to other people, not me though...

No but it is a joke linked to him, and calling rep points fatso points can be taking by some to be offensive especially some time down the line when lots of new posters have no knowledge of who ldnfatso was.

Fasto is a very apt tribute.

No but it is a joke linked to him, and calling rep points fatso points can be taking by some to be offensive especially some time down the line when lots of new posters have no knowledge of who ldnfatso was.

Fasto is a very apt tribute.
I remember this at the time and him blaming me for not educating my daughter properly. He was at,the time ranting and raving about it and then laughing over it so I feel it is quite apt

So gutted to hear this news about Steve. I saw him at Dagenham recently and he was always a visible presence at RH or at away games. Wouldn't say I knew him well but always acknowledged each other whenever I ran into him and like so many others have said previously, he was a genuinely nice guy and a true Southend fan in every way (despite his Tottenham leanings) indeed, it is hard to comprehend we won't see him anymore now.

His dislike of Mark Gower is the stuff of legend but I will never forget his going mental at Liam Dickinson a few years ago at the end of a game, with Dicko responding by inviting Steve to come down from the South Upper "to discuss things further" as I recall, lol... Steve somewhat wisely chose not to accept which was probably just as well looking back!!!

Rest in peace now Steve. You will always be missed at Roots Hall but never forgotten.

I'd forgotten about the Dicko incident, so funny I thought for a minute I'd end up trying to stop the two from squaring up!!!

I'd forgotten about the Dicko incident, so funny I thought for a minute I'd end up trying to stop the two from squaring up!!!

It's funny isn't it (and Steve was pretty unique in it) that, as much as Dicko and Gower might not have enjoyed the occasional ear bashings, Steve's rants were always quite serious but also quite tongue-in-cheek at the same time? He had strong opinions and he'd give them to you both barrels sometimes but it was never arrogant or narrow-minded - generally just a bit of cheeky banter delivered with a mixture of hammed-up rudeness, passion and a chuckle!

Really feel for you guys that would've been hanging around with him tomorrow at the game. All the best guys.

RIP Steve.

Always sad to hear of a fellow Shrimper passing away. Reminds you that there are people behind those usernames who you debate with every week. Didn't know him but recognise the face and he was one of the top posters on here. R.I.P. and condolences to his loved ones. Let's hope the boys get 3 points for him today.

Having just got home from hospital after suffering a stroke last Saturday morning I came onto the 'zone for the first time in a week to find this news:sad:. My sincere condolences to all of his family.
Well done to all who arranged the rep idea.

Having just got home from hospital after suffering a stroke last Saturday morning I came onto the 'zone for the first time in a week to find this news:sad:. My sincere condolences to all of his family.
Get well soon Yarmouth shrimper

Wishing you well in your recovery.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sorry I could not get into the Spread before the game today to be with all you guys but we had some damage from the strong winds last night that required urgent repair.

Have been away for the Zone for some time and only just saw this. Steve will always be a legend to me as part of the original quiz 'Dream Team' and for being a thoroughly excellent chap. RIP mate, I'm sitting here in a state of shock and disbelief, as I was when Harry passed, just speechless.

Back