• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Stevenage 0-0 Southend United

Not sure why you said we all see things differently and then agreed with what I wrote, ( passes back, in refs ear)
Because I saw them as positives not negatives. And that's what I mean about all seeing things in different ways. I can't disagree with the physical facts . He had to play back or risk losing possession. That's what I was posting a different view about....I didn't see knocking it forward blindly as a good thing with the players we had up front . I obviously respect your thoughts on it though.

Last edited:
Because I saw them as positives not negatives. And that's what I mean about all seeing things in different ways. I can't disagree with the physical facts . He had to play back or risk losing possession. That's what I was posting a different view about....I didn't see knocking it forward blindly as a good thing with the players we had up front . I obviously respect your thoughts on it though.
Knocking it forward blindly isn’t what I said but I take your point.
there isn’t a right/wrong. To my mind risking loosing possession is worth it if there is a chance of a scoring situation. Possession stats don’t win football matches.Football is all about percentages and we all see the game differently.
I know I am massively over simplifying but to quote Sturrock “ the opposition can’t score if the balls in their half”

I also don’t associate sturrock with “hoof ball” or knocking it forward blindly which some (many) did.

we were crap though, I think most people agree on that?

Dont care about the new stadium,what the council think or planning permission being granted,I just want the embargo lifted so we can field a striker and score a goal!!

I repeat, take a look at how many goals have come down our right. Elvis has been a shadow of the plater he once was.

I've taken a look at the goals we've conceded in the last month

None conceded v Stevenage, so none.
Three conceded v Bolton, John White conceding a penalty left hand side, two crosses from the left
One conceded v Forest Green, from a cross from the left
None conceded v Walsall but he didn't play
6 conceded v Col Ewe but he didn't play (a set piece, another two goals between the left centre-back and the left back, Hobson conceding a penalty down the right hand side, a cross from the right and one from a move down the left)
3 conceded v Boreham Wood, a set piece booted down the middle, a corner and a penalty conceded by Lennon on the left hand side.

So the only time we've conceded from a move down the right in the last month was when he was keeping a clean sheet on international duty:Unsure:

Three conceded v Bolton, John White conceding a penalty left hand side, two crosses from the left
6 conceded v Col Ewe but he didn't play (a set piece, another two goals between the left centre-back and the left back, Hobson conceding a penalty down the right hand side, a cross from the right and one from a move down the left)
3 conceded v Boreham Wood, a set piece booted down the middle, a corner and a penalty conceded by Lennon on the left hand side.

So the only time we've conceded from a move down the right in the last month was when he was keeping a clean sheet on international duty:Unsure:

i must say I do so love a post that absolutely buries a myth .. Elvis is top player in a poor team

Never let the facts get in the way of an argument based on a fans perception ??

Strongly disagree. Elvis is a bang average player in a below-average team.

We have no "top players" left.

I agree - he was a bang average League One professional with the capacity to progress and improve ....

which makes him a top player in a league 2, 92nd out of 92 team

Back