• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Stevenage 0-0 Southend United

we need a proper forward line (or whatever the technical name for it is nowadays) - unless that that happens ASAP its looking like Torquay away next season - in August would be nice
Er.....check the league table mate....Torquay look likely to be in League 2 again next season.

If we had a decent striker we would have won. We haven't so we didn't.

We will be going down to the conference and Stevenage wil be joining us.

I think it was great management. Nobody on here had contemplated using him like that (a very Sturrock move IMO) but if the idea was to try and keep things tight and maybe pinch it with a set piece or a goal late on like at Walsall that's exactly how the game turned out and we should have won the match after he went off. He also had a great chance in the air first half - one you'd hope a centre-half would take.
Yeah. I don’t disagree. It wasn’t bad management, but it doesn’t always work out and I guess the point I’m trying to make is not to blame the kid for not being as good as moshni was there.

A couple of hours on and I’m finding I’m happier with the point than I was at the final whistle. We didn’t lose and I feared if we did that the death-bell would have been ringing. As it is, somehow, despite everything going on off the pitch and on it.... we’re still in touch. Loosely, but still in touch.

As others have said, finally drink that Um Bongo, bring in Akinola and Hart to replace those in the team by default, maybe strengthen with another body or two, and we’ve got one hell of a fight on our hands. While we didn’t win today, we are undoubtedly more competitive than we have been and we can improve.

The exciting thing for me today was that there are other teams out there who are as bad/worse than us. And the hope is we’ve bottomed out now? Surely? Please!!?

I know IFs mean nothing but win our game in hand (and hope Bradford lose theirs) and we’re just four points adrift of Bradford, Stevenage and Barrow, and six points off Mansfield. And well have to play a good few of them again. Goal difference adds another point but, given what we’ve been through, given what we’re going through, it feels worse than that.

Get this **** cleared this week Martin and this post makes sense. Fail and we’re down.

Correct me if I’m wrong but is that 3 league goals scored in 1000 minutes of football ?

Poor game and not a lot again to get bums off seats , I’d rather go for it and lose then draw against second from bottom .....draws are not what’s needed , we have to win at least 13 of our last games to be even be in with a shout of surviving

Seeing lots of comments regarding R Taylor. I didn't see the game (suffered that too many times already this season) but can anyone elaborate on what was so bad about him today?

Scrappy game but in the end we should of won! Egbri should of done better and macca should of been bit more composed and found aquah with the pass to surely tap home for the winner. Ron if you really care about the playing side just lift the embargo, give the manager a chance. I think we are gone if I'm honest, only 6 goals scored tells you where the problem lies......

Seeing lots of comments regarding R Taylor. I didn't see the game (suffered that too many times already this season) but can anyone elaborate on what was so bad about him today?
Played out of position and asked to do a job he's not up to. MM should be held responsible for putting him in the firing line, that was poor management

Where to start. Didn't run - walked around. Didn't harry Stevenage. Didn't win a header. Kept passing - to the opposition. Can't control the ball. Missed a sitter. Should have been sent off for being an idiot.

Correct me if I’m wrong but is that 3 league goals scored in 1000 minutes of football ?

Poor game and not a lot again to get bums off seats , I’d rather go for it and lose then draw against second from bottom .....draws are not what’s needed , we have to win at least 13 of our last games to be even be in with a shout of surviving
I am not defending today's performance against a dire Stevenage, but where you say "draws are not what's needed" and "we have to win at least 13 of our LAST games". Really?
It is still 3 weeks to Christmas, we have 31 games to play, so 93 points to play for, and today we caught up a point on Barrow, Bradford, Grimsby and Harrogate, who are now dropping like a stone.

I am not defending today's performance against a dire Stevenage, but where you say "draws are not what's needed" and "we have to win at least 13 of our LAST games". Really?
It is still 3 weeks to Christmas, we have 31 games to play, so 93 points to play for, and today we caught up a point on Barrow, Bradford, Grimsby and Harrogate, who are now dropping like a stone.

Trouble is that Harrogate still have us to play at home.

we need a proper forward line (or whatever the technical name for it is nowadays) - unless that that happens ASAP its looking like Torquay away next season - in August would be nice

Wont be Torquay - they are just beneath us in the pyramid.
Maybe Weymouth - don’t think we’d win 7-0 though.

These teams all around us have to play each other so points will be picked up by them no matter hold poor they are at the moment .
Ordinarily I’d take points away , but I really feel that we’re in such a situation that draws are not doing it for us .
Today was a must win imo to put pressure on stevenage

The weak links in that performance were Goodship , Acqua, Kyps and Taylor. They really are not good enough for this level. Other than these most of the rest of the squad are comfortable enough for this division. The embargo is killing us.

Back