• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Thought i would get it going

Based on the last two games i would go for:

Bentley

White, Prosser, Bolger, Coker

Worrall, Leonard, Clifford

Hurst, Barnard, Weston

Think it will be a tough, physical game as is the norm with Stevenage. think Barnard after yesterday should get the nod over Corr and not sure Payne has the physical presence at the moment although he battled well last night. Coulthirst looks a raw talent but needs to add finishing to his game. Worrall also looked tidy on the ball and did well in his defensive duties.

Subs:made up form the rest

Thoughts anyone

Would go with almost the same team, but would put Coulthirst in for Hurst

I'd go for...
Bentley,
White, Bolger, Prosser, Coker,
Leonard, Clifford, Atkinson,
Coultihurst, Corr, Weston

Agree that it'll be a very physical and tough game so would go with Barry up top. Would be tempted to give Payne a start, particularly if Atkinson isn't 100% after the knock he got last night, but again it's probably too physical for him. Would like to squeeze Worrall in somehow but think we'd be better off with the extra pace of Weston and Coultihurst to follow up on the balls that Barry knocks down.

Oooh don't go upsetting Agent Lomas by nicking his pre-match thread :smile:

Payne can't help his size and sooner or later he is going to have to mix it with the Div 2 opposition thugs if he is to have a successful professional career. I would give him a start and see how he gets on in place of Atkinson. Barney to lead the line instead of Corr. Other than that as per Manor15's selection.

Barnard
Weston Payne Worrall
Clifford Leonard
Coker I'felt Bolger White
Bentley

Not gonna happen but would like to see the above :clap:

I'd go for:

Bentley
White Ibenfeldt Bolger Coker
Worrall Clifford Leonard Weston
Corr Coulthirst

Barnard
Weston Payne Worrall
Clifford Leonard
Coker I'felt Bolger White
Bentley

Not gonna happen but would like to see the above :clap:

I'd go with this, but with Prosser in for Ibenfeldt. Prosser still looks the better defender for me, but it's nice to have so many positive options.

Iy will be the same starting 11 from accrington.
Payne will only play if we arent 4 4 2
Mads must be close to starting...tough one who to leave out though
Coulthirst needs a goal......has the lot except goalscoring instinct

Bentley
White Ibanfelt Bolger Coker
Coulthirtst Clifford Leonard Payne
Corr Weston​

Payne can't help his size and sooner or later he is going to have to mix it with the Div 2 opposition thugs if he is to have a successful professional career.

I agree but I would think that he will add extra body strength over the next couple of years and that will be good for him.

I've never seen so many crazy formations!

I would go for a 4-4-2 - Mads and Bolger in the back four for me alongside Coker and White.

A midfield of Clifford, Leonard, Worrall and Hurst (or possibly Atkinson).

Weston to start - a really tough choice between Corr and Barnard.

Difficult to say really but pleased there are plenty of options on the bench. :thumbsup:

First game of the season for me so looking forward to this one. Also looking forward to having a beer at the new and improved Spread Eagle!

Interesting but not surprising that not many have included Hurst in their team. He hasn't looked sharp in pre-season, or Saturday and was anonymous when he came on last night. With the new players coming in he needs to raise his game (and get rid of that stupid hair band).

Hurst meant to come on as sub to try and put in a quality ball to our forward & to try win the game for us at 1-1, he didn't look right to me. I am sure Mr Brown will be telling him in training ground to tell Hurst to raise his game up more.

It's be the same team Vs Accrington, but 2 or 3 players who started on Tuesday could put themselves into starting for us Vs Stevenage.

I work with a Stevenage fan, and the report from their first game of he season is that they are even more physical than they were before! Even their fans are surprised apparently! Will be a good test on Saturday.

Back