• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are tickets on general sale on Wednesday or Thursday? The website seems to be contradictory...

"Tickets for the game against Boro go on sale to Season Card holders, Blues Lottery members and shareholders on Monday 4th May, Tuesday 5th May and Wednesday 6th May. You will be allowed two tickets per criteria, maximum.

Tickets will then go on general sale from Wednesday."
Oh dear not very clear is it.
Almost as bad as having the kick-off time as 17:45 on the tickets for the home leg on the Thursday.

I went to the Burton game at home last season, had to go South Upper, no issue, must've been 400+ spare seats in the North-West corner...panic not team !

As an aside, Morecambe trip was good (result aside), fair play to the "lad" who coughed to being a dick...electric atmosphere, I knew our day was done when TBV rolled up the flag :'( however, locals were sympathetic in town and wished us all the best for the play-offs :clap:

UTB :happy: :happy: :happy:

Are tickets on general sale on Wednesday or Thursday? The website seems to be contradictory...

"Tickets for the game against Boro go on sale to Season Card holders, Blues Lottery members and shareholders on Monday 4th May, Tuesday 5th May and Wednesday 6th May. You will be allowed two tickets per criteria, maximum.

Tickets will then go on general sale from Wednesday."

Oh dear not very clear is it.
Almost as bad as having the kick-off time as 17:45 on the tickets for the home leg on the Thursday.
Woman in the ticket office said that season ticket priority ended on Thursday I think, so I'd assume they go on general sale on Thursday?

Got no chance of getting down there this week. Only need home tickets, as can't get to the away leg due to other commitments. Bit confused - can I ring up (spend a few hours on hold...) or email them instead of going down to the ticket office for home tickets? BTW I am a season ticket holder!

Got no chance of getting down there this week. Only need home tickets, as can't get to the away leg due to other commitments. Bit confused - can I ring up (spend a few hours on hold...) or email them instead of going down to the ticket office for home tickets? BTW I am a season ticket holder!

Can't see why you can't phone for home tickets

Yep email them and they will ring you back. I would imagine they wont be as busy come Weds (now as it seems general sale is not until Thursday).
But lets face it we have never had a home sell out for a play-off game and I can't see this one beating last seasons record high for a home play off game which was 9,696.

Yep email them and they will ring you back. I would imagine they wont be as busy come Weds (now as it seems general sale is not until Thursday).
But lets face it we have never had a home sell out for a play-off game and I can't see this one beating last seasons record high for a home play off game which was 9,696.

that is great, thank you. Will email tomorrow.
s

To be honest I can't see you offering more than a 1000 to 1500. I'd be happy if we took a thousand to your place but even thats optimistic considering its a thursday night and the match is being shown on Sky.

Every team that visits roots hall is allocated an initial 1800 with room for 2500 if needed.

Does anyone know if there's any sort of queue at the ticket office this morning?

Short queue - inside door. Moving VERY slowly!

Spent way too much on the Morecambe overnighter so I've just gone for home leg tickets. Phoned up, number 10 in the queue and I was on the call for 44 minutes. Work phone, you gotta love it

I'd be very surprised if they don't. Short queues, with most not buying away tickets.

have to agree, we regularly go to many away games but decided to pass on this as as well as other regular away fans arent bothering. Many reasons such as its on TV, after the excitement of Morecambe, potential Wembley outlay, 1st leg rarely decides the game and it all comes down to 2nd leg too. **** kick off time. Take your pick

Last edited:
have to agree, we regularly go to many away games but decided to pass on this as as well as other regular away fans arent bothering. Many reasons such as its on TV, after the excitement of Morecambe, potential Wembley outlay, 1st leg rarely decides the game and it all comes down to 2nd leg too. Take your pic[/QUOTE

As much as i would love to be there i agree 100% with the above. With a young family i just cant afford it especially after the trip to Morecambe. Went to stevenage earlier in the season but financial sensibility needs to kick in. If we get to Wembley there will be four of us whcih wont be cheap. Have tickets for home leg.

have to agree, we regularly go to many away games but decided to pass on this as as well as other regular away fans arent bothering. Many reasons such as its on TV, after the excitement of Morecambe, potential Wembley outlay, 1st leg rarely decides the game and it all comes down to 2nd leg too. Take your pic[/QUOTE

As much as i would love to be there i agree 100% with the above. With a young family i just cant afford it especially after the trip to Morecambe. Went to stevenage earlier in the season but financial sensibility needs to kick in. If we get to Wembley there will be four of us whcih wont be cheap. Have tickets for home leg.

Totally the same as me. Could have written that word for word

have to agree, we regularly go to many away games but decided to pass on this as as well as other regular away fans arent bothering. Many reasons such as its on TV, after the excitement of Morecambe, potential Wembley outlay, 1st leg rarely decides the game and it all comes down to 2nd leg too. Take your pick
and also Wembley tickets will be expensive this year as Grimsby fans are being made to pay at least £36 for a ticket and that's just for a cheap ticket and that's non- league also, expect to pay at least the same if not more:'(

Back