• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Stevenage vs Southend United, Saturday 5th December 15:00hrs FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 33 56.9%
  • John White

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Shawn Hobson

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Harry Kyprianou

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Sam Hart (if embargo lifted)

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • Ashley Nathaniel George

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 45 77.6%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 36 62.1%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Richard Taylor

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Kazaiah Sterling

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Simeon Akinola (if embargo lifted)

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • New Target Man (if embargo lifted)

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenny Coker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 21.37.01.png

So folks, our next step in this sorry season sees us up against the team nearest to us in the football league two table. It would be nice to say they're within touching distance but in reality the hosts over the border in Hertfordshire are already seven points ahead of blues and therefore this has a feeling of a must win game if we are not to lose touch before Christmas.

Managed by former blue Alex Revell, his recipe for success has included bringing in two experienced defensive minded former blues in Luke Prosser and Ben Coker. They'll also have what passes for a crowd in the stadium so the atmosphere will be a bit different.

Although semi-positive noises seem to be coming from Ron's Benfleet mansion about the embargo being lifted this week, I'll believe it when I see it. We also have the possibility of the rest of the plague-riden players returning for the blues.

So everyone, don your shiniest white trainers and consult your sorting hats, pick your starting XI and predict the result.

Akinola can score goals unlike badship.
Not really. One good non league season for Barnet. Even for Braintree, he only scored 19 in 100. Unrealistic to expect him to suddenly turn into a prolific scorer in the EFL, if he ever gets to make an appearance.

Not really. One good non league season for Barnet. Even for Braintree, he only scored 19 in 100. Unrealistic to expect him to suddenly turn into a prolific scorer in the EFL, if he ever gets to make an appearance.
Don't expect him to be prolific but I expect to be better than badship.

No, but we have no attacking threat at all, hence pressure on the midfield to support, leaving gaps, meaning more pressure for the defence. More chances given away, more goals conceded.

He may not score more than 5 or 6 goals (if he ever plays), but will improve the team enormously.

If the embargo isn’t lifted, I can only see one result and almost certain relegation by xmas. Disgusting.

It's an indication of how desperate we are that so much faith is being invested in Akinola, who like Goodship before him, is completely unproven in the EFL. Has anyone ever seen him play?

“Must win” is thrown around a lot in football but I truly believe this is a “must win”. We need to quickly recover from Bolton, get some belief through the team and start closing the gap (soon to be a chasm if we’re not careful). Forget Hart and Akinola. There’s more than enough experience to get a result. I’d stick Demi RB and Olayinka in the middle, rest Goodship and Elvis. Nobody in a team where we are in the table should be an automatic pick. A bit of Guns N Roses in the changing room??

Fail to win and we are down.

Embargo or no embargo, we could effectively be 12 points adrift come Saturday night and no team is coming back from that especially with the players we have.

............................... Oxley
Bwomono.... White.... Hobson.... Clifford
..................Demetriou... Dieng
Nathaniel-George... Olayinka... Akinola
...............................Acquah

Subs
Seaden
Hart
McCormack
Egbri
Phillips
Rush
New striker

Ball-boys
Goodship
Sterling
R Taylor
Kyprianou

If Akinola still isn't registered then Egbri would come in for him; Hart would be replaced on the bench by Kyprianou and New Striker by Kenny Coker (or maybe Kaziah Sterling if we have to pay his wages if he doesn't play that week)

I'd utilise McCormack as a sub and bring him on to help see out games. He's not fit enough to start regularly.

Ox

Demetriou White Hobson Kyprianou

Elvis Dieng Olayanka Macca Clifford

Acquah

Egbri - first sub to win the free kick that Hobson powers in.

This is the winning line up ...

Would love to of gone to this game, only a short trip and they don’t get many fans.

Complete rumour mill and wishful thinking here but MM’s latest team news and match preview doesn’t mention any update about Akinola and Hart which for the last few weeks it has. I suppose we’ll have to see what happens Saturday.....

............................... Oxley
Bwomono.... White.... Hobson.... Clifford
..................Demetriou... Dieng
Nathaniel-George... Olayinka... Akinola
...............................Acquah

Subs
Seaden
Hart
McCormack
Egbri
Phillips
Rush
New striker

Ball-boys
Goodship
Sterling
R Taylor
Kyprianou

If Akinola still isn't registered then Egbri would come in for him; Hart would be replaced on the bench by Kyprianou and New Striker by Kenny Coker (or maybe Kaziah Sterling if we have to pay his wages if he doesn't play that week)

I'd utilise McCormack as a sub and bring him on to help see out games. He's not fit enough to start regularly.

ANG is still out, so I'd pick Egbri and Sterling comes onto the bench.

Back