• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Stevenage vs Southend United, Saturday 5th December 15:00hrs FL2

Starting XI and Result

• Mark Oxley

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Elvis Bwomono

Votes: 33 56.9%
  • John White

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Shawn Hobson

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 34 58.6%
  • Harry Kyprianou

Votes: 22 37.9%
  • Sam Hart (if embargo lifted)

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • Ashley Nathaniel George

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • James Olayinka

Votes: 45 77.6%
  • Timothee Dieng

Votes: 36 62.1%
  • Alan McCormack

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Richard Taylor

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Kazaiah Sterling

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Emile Acquah

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Brandon Goodship

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Simeon Akinola (if embargo lifted)

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • New Target Man (if embargo lifted)

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenny Coker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Lose

Votes: 16 27.6%

• Total voters
Anyone feel like I do that if Akinola and Hart do play Saturday that you’ll feel irrationally angry at the RM leaving it to the last minute to tell us so he can play the hero?

Anyone feel like I do that if Akinola and Hart do play Saturday that you’ll feel irrationally angry at the RM leaving it to the last minute to tell us so he can play the hero?
I'd rather he kept it quiet in this case. Could give us an edge if we announce unexpected players on the teamsheet

Wouldn't be impressed if Ron makes out he's the hero (although given the suprisingly positive response he got on SZ after paying the long overdue tax bill in October I suspect he will do so again) but if the embargo has been lifted it's probably in our benefit to not let Stevenage know about it until the teamsheets are in.

I'd rather he kept it quiet in this case. Could give us an edge if we announce unexpected players on the teamsheet

It may well do, but his relationship with even his staunchest supporters will have taken a big hit.

Cor blimey. Secret inclusion of akinola and Hart tomorrow is tickling the nether regions.

............................... Oxley
Bwomono.... White.... Hobson.... Clifford
..................Demetriou... Dieng
Nathaniel-George... Olayinka... Akinola
...............................Acquah

Subs
Seaden
Hart
McCormack
Egbri
Phillips
Rush
New striker

Ball-boys
Goodship
Sterling
R Taylor
Kyprianou

If Akinola still isn't registered then Egbri would come in for him; Hart would be replaced on the bench by Kyprianou and New Striker by Kenny Coker (or maybe Kaziah Sterling if we have to pay his wages if he doesn't play that week)

I'd utilise McCormack as a sub and bring him on to help see out games. He's not fit enough to start regularly.

I get the logic YB, IMO I'd start him as an enforcer, using his nous to help the others around him...and then take him off after say 55-60 mins.

That is of course assuming that "this Macca" has 55-60 mins in his legs, certainly does in heart and mind.

I get the logic YB, IMO I'd start him as an enforcer, using his nous to help the others around him...and then take him off after say 55-60 mins.

That is of course assuming that "this Macca" has 55-60 mins in his legs, certainly does in heart and mind.

My thinking is that nous is needed more at the end of games when the game opens up.

Eddie Jones' idea of "finishers" is probably relevant here, particularly with 5 subs now being allowed.

Fair play YB, and of course it's a forum and all opinions are valid....I think we start poorly , heads down when we troop onto the pitch...and that's maybe where Macca comes in.

Oxley
Bwomono White Hobson Clifford
Demetriou Dieng McCormack ANG
Olayanka
Acquah

I would tweak the 541 to have Olayanka playing in the 10 role where I think he can do a world of damage supporting Acquah.

Oxley
Bwomono, White, Dieng, Hobson, Clifford
Demetriou, Macca
Olayinka
Acquah, Goodship​

Cor blimey. Secret inclusion of akinola and Hart tomorrow is tickling the nether regions.
I'm sad to say it's not happening. No Hart or akinola . On top of that a new injury problem I fear too. I won't say who as it's not been released yet. But you could have an educated guess. (I won't be confirming either way)

I'm sad to say it's not happening. No Hart or akinola . On top of that a new injury problem I fear too. I won't say who as it's not been released yet. But you could have an educated giess. (I won't be confirming either way)

I think I’ll turn my phone off and enjoy my trip to the zoo without the Stevenage goals pinging all afternoon...

I'm sad to say it's not happening. No Hart or akinola . On top of that a new injury problem I fear too. I won't say who as it's not been released yet. But you could have an educated guess. (I won't be confirming either way)

Thanks for the update - I am sure as reliable as usual.

Bricking it this morning ?

Fail to win and we are done. Can't bring myself to watch today ... I'd rather stick my head in the sand and prey for the best.

I wonder if Olyalika is fit ,there was a doubt about him before the Bolton game.I hope so nd hope if so hes played in his proper position , i would also include Sterling in the team ahead of Goodship

Back