• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Will we have a Good Ref for Good Friday?
In the middle will be David Coote from Winthorpe near Newark. He is a first year referee and things have been pretty mixed for him. His 24 games as a Football League referee have produced a slightly above average 78 yellows, but he has yet to show a red card !!

He is 27 and works for the Nottinghamshire FA as their Referees' Development Officer (which won't harm his refereeing career!).

He has refereed two Southend matches previously both away. Firstly when I don't think any blame was attributed to him for our late, late defeat at Chesterfield and more recently in our draw at Torquay.

Unlike the referee making his Roots Hall debut, the rest of the team are all regular visitors. The Assistants will be big Marvin Thompson from Middlesex and former Roots Hall paying customer Rob Whitton from Chelmsford. Adrian Sanerude will be driving down the A12 from Lowestoft to carry out 4th official duties.

very poor ref. i thought they could have had another 2 pens personally, at least deffinate one where bilel hand balled it. also a few bizarre decisions for both sides. fair few throw ins wrong aswell. red card was correct though but i think anyone in the world would agree with that.

i think its fair to say at times the ref and at least one lino suffered from sun stroke today!
but i think that was with out a doubt the worst tackle i have ever seen.
did anyone else see Westley shouting to the ref saying it was a dive lol!!
he was moaning to the 4th official about the so called dive as Clohessy was standing next to him with blood pouring down his face!
all in all a good win for the blues and well done to Clohessy for carrying on that must have hurt and other players would have come off crying!
up the blues (pinks!)

Clueless at times! But got the main decisions correct!
I heard he was actually the linesmen for today? Is this correct.

No.

The coloured Assistant Referee, Marvin Thompson pulled out at the last minute and 4th official, Adrian Sanerude took over his line.

Felt a bit sorry for him as he seemed out of his depth.
The pushing match that resulted in Grant and other player getting yellow was down to poor decision making.
Made some crazy decisions at time, but consistently inconsistent to both teams.

I think Stevenage made it a very difficult game to referee. I did get the impression that Stevenage sent their rugby team by mistake. He let far too much go early on trying to let the game flow, and not booking Stevenage players when really he should of done.

I think he got a number of decisions incorrect for both sides, but on the whole I think he was not the worst we have had.

Ref was clueless - yet got the big decisions right. However was not helped by lino on west stand side both halves, (chequed flag), who only made one decision all match (blatant body check). Never raised his flag unless the ref had already given the deceision. I could do that for half the price. giss-a-job...

Thought he started well, sending other players away and just talking to those involved in incidents, but then it kind of went downhill. Stevenage were thugs and employed every kind of tactic to win the ball, I saw lots of "leading elbows", sly shoves and blatant shoulders. The sending off was completely 100% spot on, anyone see Clohessy 2nd half? Steri strips on his left eye socket underneath the eye and stud marks all down his left cheek. Mohsni gave away two clear pens, but only one was given. In the end justice was done on the day though, we deserved the win and we got it.

I thought there were elements of very good referreeing yesterday. At one point Harry Crawford was fouled on the half way line near the west, he allowed the advantage as we still had the ball, and then when play did stop, he went and cautioned the Stevenage player. I'm not saying he was a great ref, but how often do we see that sort of thing? Not enough in my eyes.

Felt a bit sorry for him as he seemed out of his depth.
The pushing match that resulted in Grant and other player getting yellow was down to poor decision making.
Made some crazy decisions at time, but consistently inconsistent to both teams.

+1 .......

I thought there were elements of very good referreeing yesterday. At one point Harry Crawford was fouled on the half way line near the west, he allowed the advantage as we still had the ball, and then when play did stop, he went and cautioned the Stevenage player. I'm not saying he was a great ref, but how often do we see that sort of thing? Not enough in my eyes.

Except the guy should have been given a red. It was an awful lunge that couldn't really have been classed as a tackle.

Mick - what did you think of the referee's perfoormance?.

Not a great deal to be honest. He got too many reasonably straightforward decisions wrong and his credibility suffered.

Yes in principle it was good but there was little advantage and I felt he should've pulled play back.

He played the advantage well, we still had the ball and were driving forward. He did well to go back to the chap and book him, but I felt it was a red.

Back