• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stevie Hammell

Spotted (along with the rest of the Motherwell first team squad), waiting for his bags at Glasgow Airport this time yesterday, after returning from some warm weather training on the Costa del Sol. Their baggage carousel was the one next to my flight's one.

He looks smaller in real-life than he did on the pitch!

Last edited:
at the moment more than happy with mulgrew, hammell has a touch of class but lost a huge amount of respect for him when saw him in reflex saying how much he hated it here and how he couldn't wait to go! don't really want any player like that here thanks.

at the moment more than happy with mulgrew, hammell has a touch of class but lost a huge amount of respect for him when saw him in reflex saying how much he hated it here and how he couldn't wait to go! don't really want any player like that here thanks.

Hammell was a top bloke when I met him (last game of the CCC season)... i asked him if he was going to be around next season and he said he didn't know, so at least he is honest. i wasn't too surprised when he left

n223801083_762174_1745.jpg

p.s. i'm not as fat now!

Very nice guy when i met him and macca after Huddersfield in December - Big Rangers fan, so wasn't impressed being surrounded by us and Macca going on about Celtic!

Top man, Stevie H.

Wish we still had him.

SH was superb but Mulgrew would be prospectively better and shows the signs at his age of developing into top class.

Best we seek to persuade McCarthy to release him permanent & perhaps off-set Freddie's onward % against Mulgrews signing - so little or no money changes hands if FE goes to some other club.

Called up to the Scotland squad, could win his second cap at the age of 31, 9 years after his first.

Back