• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewards forcibly removing anything anti-Ron today

No comment from me if it's right or wrong, I don't think I have a strong opinion.

But to play devil's advocate, roots hall is private property, you probably be asked to leave if you walked round Tesco's with a anti Tesco banner - not much difference here

The clubs view probably wasn’t helped when a protest organiser/potential protester posted on Twitter that they wanted to invade the pitch again and that it was going to be “ugly”….

I suspect the club would have come under pressure, not least from the police, to explain what security precautions they were taking to mitigate..

The clubs view probably wasn’t helped when a protest organiser/potential protester posted on Twitter that they wanted to invade the pitch again and that it was going to be “ugly”….

I suspect the club would have come under pressure, not least from the police, to explain what security precautions they were taking to mitigate..
You don’t have to defend the club on every single point, they have chosen to try and whitewash protests

You don’t have to defend the club on every single point, they have chosen to try and whitewash protests
I don't on every point. There are many many things the club and its owner have got wrong over the years. And that very clearly continues. And I am not shy pointing them out. And I am looking forward to when we can have a new owner just like most others. Given the amount of time you spend on our forum I’m sure this can’t of passed you by?

But I will also say it as I see it. And I am not in the “everything the club does whilst Ron is in charge must be wrong” category either.

And I am not aware of the club seeking to prevent protests immediately outside the ground. So your comment doesn’t really stand much scrutiny.

I don't on every point. There are many many things the club and its owner have got wrong over the years. And that very clearly continues. And I am not shy pointing them out. And I am looking forward to when we can have a new owner just like most others. Given the amount of time you spend on our forum I’m sure this can’t of passed you by?

But I will also say it as I see it. And I am not in the “everything the club does whilst Ron is in charge must be wrong” category either.

And I am not aware of the club seeking to prevent protests immediately outside the ground. So your comment doesn’t really stand much scrutiny.
The club couldn’t stop a protest march on public roads etc even if they wanted to, they have though tried to delay and prevent the documentary from being shared in full and they had stewards primed before the game to remove any protest banners (regardless of how doing so is contrary to most stadium security plans in wading in and antagonizing a potentially volatile situation). The club’s hierarchy are getting quite sensitive about negative press and pictures (banner on shop opposite stadium a few weeks ago as another example). The problem is very much the club, not the protesters

The club couldn’t stop a protest march on public roads etc even if they wanted to, they have though tried to delay and prevent the documentary from being shared in full and they had stewards primed before the game to remove any protest banners (regardless of how doing so is contrary to most stadium security plans in wading in and antagonizing a potentially volatile situation). The club’s hierarchy are getting quite sensitive about negative press and pictures (banner on shop opposite stadium a few weeks ago as another example). The problem is very much the club, not the protesters
Who said public roads? I said immediately outside the ground i.e. on club property. But I’m sure you know that too…

No comment from me if it's right or wrong, I don't think I have a strong opinion.

But to play devil's advocate, roots hall is private property, you probably be asked to leave if you walked round Tesco's with a anti Tesco banner - not much difference here

I carry my Sainsburys bag around Tesco in protest of their Clubcard scam.

I was there yesterday with a sizeable ‘Ron might get the bridging loan, let’s all wait and see before we jump to conclusions’ banner and the stewards didn’t like that either. Told me to take it down because people in the south lower couldn’t see anything. Everywhere you look people are clamping down on pragmatism. It’s a ****ing police state we are living in

I was there yesterday with a sizeable ‘Ron might get the bridging loan, let’s all wait and see before we jump to conclusions’ banner and the stewards didn’t like that either. Told me to take it down because people in the south lower couldn’t see anything. Everywhere you look people are clamping down on pragmatism. It’s a ****ing police state we are living in

I’ll see your police state and raise you with Hong Kong

That is devils advocate in the extreme. A more apt analogy would be protesters at larger clubs ie utd fans having huge banners against the glaziers etc or charlton and Blackpool throwing tennis balls onto the pitch and having banners.

Was it the usual security on duty on Saturday?

I thought there were quite a few new faces among their crowd.

As if we needed any more, this is just another very clear sign of exactly how vile and toxic, life is under this appalling regime.

But STILL his admirers and apologists are here to make their excuses and justifications…… some more skilfully subtle than others.
utterly sick making. 🤢🤢🤢🤮

Was it the usual security on duty on Saturday?

I thought there were quite a few new faces among their crowd.
Yes same security, I was at the back of W block, they were removing anything anti Ron, now I can understand anything abusive but simply Martin Out is no way abusive.
Couple of scuffles broke out that’s about it

Back