• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewards forcibly removing anything anti-Ron today

I was there yesterday with a sizeable ‘Ron might get the bridging loan, let’s all wait and see before we jump to conclusions’ banner and the stewards didn’t like that either. Told me to take it down because people in the south lower couldn’t see anything. Everywhere you look people are clamping down on pragmatism. It’s a ****ing police state we are living in
Couldn’t agree more. I mean it’s really not fare judging him on just one misdemeanour

That is devils advocate in the extreme. A more apt analogy would be protesters at larger clubs ie utd fans having huge banners against the glaziers etc or charlton and Blackpool throwing tennis balls onto the pitch and having banners.

I don't think that is the point of playing devils advocate!

On Man U they were certainly removing banners earlier in the season...

I don't think that is the point of playing devils advocate!

On Man U they were certainly removing banners earlier in the season...

I cant take man u fans seriously tbh. After the fergie era if they arent winning at least 2 trophies a season they get the umph.

Try supporting a real home town club like ours in the bloody national league and still churning out 5k support.

#100%winrecord.

You don’t have to defend the club on every single point, they have chosen to try and whitewash protests
In the interests of fairness and balance, Ive been sitting here staring at the screen for the past two hours, trying to think of something genuinely positive to say about "*our beloved leader*" and his regime of the past 7-8 yrs...............so far........err.....umm.....

NOTHING !! .....not one feckin thing.

Or as one newspaper article so eloquently put it......"SUFC is on its deathbed, after years of murderous ownership by Martin"

* A phrase borrowed form North Korea.

The club would honestly be better off doing nothing about the banners.

Forcibly stopping them being displayed will be a fun challenge to those wishing to display them.

I'm waiting for them to be hanging from the top floor flats behind the South Stand at some point.

And the whole safety thing is a cop out as well, he hates the banners massively. Hence why the stewards are ordered to go to such lengths to stop or remove them. Even if it's not on club property, as we saw with the pram shop incident.

The club would honestly be better off doing nothing about the banners.

Forcibly stopping them being displayed will be a fun challenge to those wishing to display them.

I'm waiting for them to be hanging from the top floor flats behind the South Stand at some point.

I don't think they need to go that far to get their point across :Winking:

Bring the banners from the middle of Southend high street to the ground, then leave them in someone's car by the ground.

When inside support the team for the whole of the 90 minutes.

Then if they wanted to the protest could then take the banners after the game and go in the opposite direction. Might be better then as there would be greater numbers walking and some may join the protest that would not have ordinarily done so.

Eat, sleep, protest repeat

Back