• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewards In The West Stand

ozzy-shrimper

Map Reader
Why tell the Blue Voice section to sit down but not the away supporters? They ended up kicking 2 of the home fans out because of trying to stand up and support their team. When we started singing your the reason we're losing that was towards the stewards. They really got on everyone's nerves in the BV section leading to boo's and swearing. I'd like to finish by saying thankyou to all those stewards associated with that section today for ruining our BV day!

Calm down calm down.

Stewards are like that, thats the way it is.

Oh there was one good steward out there today though, told us to sit down and added 'I know you'll be getting back up in a minute so just sit down to get them off our back'. As he walked away, he even gestured for us to stand up again. I'm glad some stewards want us to support the team.

there is alot of bad talk about the singing in the blue voice section today. i was in this section and if it were not for the stewards then the bad vibes would have not started . we were happily singing away and were losing at the time when the stewards ejected 2 fans for standing. the whole section were standing at the time and they picked on 2 youngsters. this is when the bad singing started and it was aimed at the stewards. the idea of blue voice is good but the club need to also be behind the idea aswell. they should not send in the jobsworths to spoil a good idea . come on everyone start singing. we were trying to push the team on, what were the rest of you doing it seemed to me that you were at the wrong venue and should have been attending a church service instead. we need some atmostphere at roots hall, we had it last year and lost most of the games, so why all of a sudden have you all stopped singing. we all go for one thing to see our beloved team win, so let us give them a little help

I've never understood why at southend or even at a prem game its k for away fans to stand up but not home fans. don't get this. its so much better being able to stand and your more wanting to chant this way aswell rather than sitting down.

I've never understood why at southend or even at a prem game its k for away fans to stand up but not home fans. don't get this. its so much better being able to stand and your more wanting to chant this way aswell rather than sitting down.

It's not just away supporters. Almost any match you see on tv, especially the "big" clubs, have a look around and most of those on the lower levels of stadiums (stadia?) are standing. At Spurs last year this was plain to see yet every time any of ours stood up the stewards were in there like a shot telling them to sit down. That's why it was so refreshing at Southampton at the end of the season.

It's not just away supporters. Almost any match you see on tv, especially the "big" clubs, have a look around and most of those on the lower levels of stadiums (stadia?) are standing. At Spurs last year this was plain to see yet every time any of ours stood up the stewards were in there like a shot telling them to sit down. That's why it was so refreshing at Southampton at the end of the season.

Yes . and look at the atmosphere we created there , by far the best atmosphere i have experienced following the Blues away .

Back