• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stewards

shrimpled

Director⭐
My mates son wants a saturday job. According to the OS there are stewarding vacancies for next season, but no information on experience needed, what age you have to be etc and wondered if, on the off chance, anyone knew anything bout it?

My mates son wants a saturday job. According to the OS there are stewarding vacancies for next season, but no information on experience needed, what age you have to be etc and wondered if, on the off chance, anyone knew anything bout it?

Why don't you ask the club?

Shrimperzone is more knowledgeable than the club especially GK. Remeber they think £20 to watch a pre-season friendly is good value.

Fair enough. No experience needed, as long as you think you're better than the fans

:D

Any age above what, thats what i really want to know, he's not 18 until october i don't think, but most of the stweards look young so wondered.

To my great shame, I was a steward when I was 17, so shouldn't be a problem. I think they get £18 per game now, so not much, but you do get in for free.

I got sacked by Jobson for swearing whilst on duty, and never looked back...

To my great shame, I was a steward when I was 17, so shouldn't be a problem. I think they get £18 per game now, so not much, but you do get in for free.

Where are you now?

After that debacle? I'm going into my first teaching post in September! I just couldn't face the stress that a steward's life brings, much easier in the classroom...

It was £20 last season.

They normally hold a meeting before the season, you can just turn up and sign your life away.

If he is 16 or over then he will be OK.

I am not sure of the age limit but other requirements are must have a out of date haircut, drag knuckles on floor, look like a celebrity (EG - We have Bob Carolgess and Bruce Forsyth in the South Upper) and must have some bold white socks to go with black shoes and ankle swinging trousers.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure of the age limit but other requirements are must have a out of date haircut, drag knuckles on floor, look like a celebrity (EG - We have Bob Carolgess and Bruce Forsyth in the South Upper) and must have some bold white socks to go with black shoes and ankle swinging trousers.

Hope this helps.

OI I was a steward! The best looking one obviously! :cool:

Hope this helps.

Cheers dave, i know the Forsyth one. sees me every week and still always asks to see my ticket after i've put it away. You go downstairs for a **** and he don't let you back up again. Whereabouts are you in the south upper?

Those stewards at Plymouth were a joke, i wrote to Plymouth demanding an explanation and i'm still waiting to hear back. Ridiculous.

on the plus side
i did catch a p.a.f.c. ball during the warm up & knicked it :D

gave it to my mate & she got it signed by all the southend squad at end of the season :)

the girth 1 v 0 p.a.f.c stewards

Back