• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SupaBlues

Coach⭐⭐
Am absolutely disgusted with how I have been treated tonight. Yes fair enough i shouted abuse at the lino in the first half when he flagged offside when the last touch was blatantly off of their man. But after calling him a c u next tuesday i thought that was the end of it. How wrong was i took my seat for the second half and no sooner had i sat down i had a steward, sorry a "special" (failed policeman in laymans terms) tell me that a complaint had been made about a racist comment. Of course i disputed this and he backtracked immediately by saying " oh no that was over there" bearing in mind he was pointing at the away supporters. This steward threatened to ban myself and the person i sit with for the rest of the year even though we have been season ticket holders for the last 7-8 years. Anyway i spoke to a couple of stewards after the game and they said it wasnt a supporter who grassed us up for swearing but the lino!!! WTF!!! How bad is football getting when you cant shout at the lino when he gets a decision wrong? If thats how football is then thats 2 season tickets lost for next year.

Am absolutely disgusted with how I have been treated tonight. Yes fair enough i shouted abuse at the lino in the first half when he flagged offside when the last touch was blatantly off of their man. But after calling him a c u next tuesday i thought that was the end of it. How wrong was i took my seat for the second half and no sooner had i sat down i had a steward, sorry a "special" (failed policeman in laymans terms) tell me that a complaint had been made about a racist comment. Of course i disputed this and he backtracked immediately by saying " oh no that was over there" bearing in mind he was pointing at the away supporters. This steward threatened to ban myself and the person i sit with for the rest of the year even though we have been season ticket holders for the last 7-8 years. Anyway i spoke to a couple of stewards after the game and they said it wasnt a supporter who grassed us up for swearing but the lino!!! WTF!!! How bad is football getting when you cant shout at the lino when he gets a decision wrong? If thats how football is then thats 2 season tickets lost for next year.
You Are totally correct SuperBlues, it is getting out of hand. Imo its the nanny state. You cant say anything nowadays without someone wanting to sue someone else. Wot do the powers that be want? Us all sitting down giving a polite round of applase when a goal is scored. Then saying nothing when the officials or players get it wrong. Football is not just about the game on the pitch, its about the banter,the songs, the tribalisam between both sets of supporters, the PASSION.
And AUTHORITY is trying to take all that out of our game. not just football but life in general imo that is. GRRRRRRRR

Thats ridiculous mate! Maybe having a quite word at most but threatening to ban you is just way over the top!

That lino was dreadful. I was front row tonight & I saw a Rotherham player head the ball out 2 foot from him in the second half & he gave it to them.

Must be a flat cap wearer

Can't understand this . All you did was call him a C........T and he didn't like it.
You would have thought he'd have been quite happy to hear that.
I called the bloke down my local chippy a C........T the other day because he did not give me enough chips.
Funny thing was he seemed to be a bit upset about too, I reckon he's probably a Lino in his spare time.
Write to Ron and try to get the Lino to appologise for over reacting . If Ron will not help you then call him a C........T.
I am sure then he will understand.

Am absolutely disgusted with how I have been treated tonight. Yes fair enough i shouted abuse at the lino... calling him a c u next tuesday

Out of interest, if the lino called you the same would you be squeaking about the same mistreatment this morning?

Yes, what is this world coming to when you can't even walk down the road and shout out c**t to anyone you like without them taking offence to it.

Yes he got the major decision wrong, but he is only human. I think the majority of people in the stadium last night have got the occasional decision wrong. Does that make us all *****? Just my opinion

So, I was walking along the road the other day and someone stuck this flag up my backside.

And all I did was call him a ****!!!

WHAT IS WALKING DOWN THE ROAD COMING TO!???

I can understand feeling aggrieved by this but at least you're not facing a court case like someone else who basically did what you did but just added an adjective in front of it! :whistling:

Doesn't the announcement at the beginning of matches (the one read by a child) cover exactly why this was deemed to be unacceptable?

Sorry, but football is part of the community. It is not a "safe haven" where people who cannot control their emotions can indulge in unacceptable behaviour without fear of redress. How far away was the nearest child when you were sharing your opinion of the Assistant with him ?

The fact that you don't seem to know or understand the offside law (see seperate thread) and that the man you were abusing was quite possibly correct anyway, makes matters worse.

I used to have great fun on the ESL with comments like that. Of course I wouldn't have recourse to reporting it to the police (coz there weren't any) nor to the club as there would be no stewards. I got some fairly horrific stuff, including someone wishing cancer on my kids, but unless you are brave (stupid) enough to flash one back you have to let it go. Clearly you cant do that on the FL. What does surprise me is that the lino even heard you, let alone was able to identify you as obvisouly he couldn't see you. Unless you are front two rows or have a voice like a foghorn, you can't be heard (and trust me, Ive done enough lines at Roots Hall to know this). So, actually I think you have been lied to.

What I do notice every single week are supporters yelling at officials when the officials are obvisouly right or the supporter doesn't know the Laws of the Game. Any official worth their salt (and Mick will agree) will just allow that kind of stuff to fly over their head, possibly while wearing a slight grin at the ridiculousness of what they've just heard.

Just a little thought... how would like someone to come along to your place of work, tell you are **** whilst not being qualified to do your job and yell obscenities at you. Just a little thought.

As it happens, from the qualified perspective the officials seemed ok yesterday, and we lost the game because we weren't good enough.

I can understand feeling aggrieved by this but at least you're not facing a court case like someone else who basically did what you did but just added an adjective in front of it! :whistling:

Doesn't the announcement at the beginning of matches (the one read by a child) cover exactly why this was deemed to be unacceptable?

Thats why at football there is a family stand!

You're at football for christ sake, if you cant let some steam out and scream and shout when are you supposed to do it.

It all seems to be a matter of degree, we all know that there are unofficial gradings of bad language. I have yelled abuse at the lino but have always tried to do it in acceptable way (if you knew who your father was, I bet he would have words to say to you, etc)...it is the yelling that is therapeutic, not the language. I am sure the lino and ref expect abuse from both sets of fans throughout the game, but no one wants to hear such terminology directed at them when they are just trying to do their job.

I sit behind you boys in the Yellow Section of the east stand and that linesman deserved every word said to him last night, The goal being disallowed when the player is clearly on the post ****es alot of people off.
Isnt it about time we have a section in the ground where you can say what you want when you want, (like an adult only section)

I sit behind you boys in the Yellow Section of the east stand and that linesman deserved every word said to him last night, The goal being disallowed when the player is clearly on the post ****es alot of people off.
Isnt it about time we have a section in the ground where you can say what you want when you want, (like an adult only section)

Possibly, but then it would need to be sound proofed.

Cannot believe some of the comments on this thread - utterly amazing.
Comments , chants etc have always gone on at football and always will.
Not a problem.
But the use of 'that' word is totally unacceptable in society , and if you don't understand that , then there's no hope for you my friend ?
I'm just amazed that other fans with kids didn't say anything.

Back