• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Amazing even after this poor run we are still 7th yet the pack have now closed in for the kill with York Plymouth Hartlepool and Cheltenham ready to pounce.

With Corr now suspended this has to force Phil's hand by dumping his 451 and going 442 and take the game to the opponent.

I did not go yesterday yet by all accounts Phil discovered one thing which most of us knew which is Fred is not a lone forward in a million years likewise Barnard,Phil will more than likely think the front pairing of Fred and Lee may work but IMO if he tried this it will backfire as neither player has high work rate and they won't track back as in defend from the front which leaves Phil limited options,He either has to get a fast forward on loan and pair him with one of the above or look within the youths.

I said on here some time ago I would try Williams with Payne playing just behind him yes I know they both are inexperienced yet both have energy to burn and neither are slow of the mark,9 games remaining and surely by now Phil must know the old guard will not be the saviours .

It is totally bizarre we go 10 games without a win but are still in play off places!!

I wasn't sure where you were going with this thread Mrs B....

• Freddy Eastwood is clinging on to his football career. I believe it's over - or at least it will be at the end of the season.
  • Lee Barnard is clinging on to his former glories. We need him to score. Now.
  • Phil Brown, much as I now like him and do still want him to be successful, is clinging on to his job as Ron won't let this continue indefinitely.
  • Southend are still clinging on to that playoff place.

The only one I can't get my head around is the final one. How on earth!?

• Freddy Eastwood is clinging on to his football career. I believe it's over - or at least it will be at the end of the season.
  • Phil Brown, much as I now like him and do still want him to be successful, is clinging on to his job as Ron won't let this continue indefinitely.

Sadly, so sadly - the first three points are correct.
Unbelievably - the fourth point gives us hope!! Still.

Nicely put SBH,

Agree on Fred.
Barney is indeed looking down the barrel and if he wants a contract here or anywhere else..He has to prove he warrants one.
Philip to me is hit or miss and his managerial record overall is nothing o write home about,Regarding Ron I suppose it depends on Phil's contract terms.
If we had managed just 2 wins during this spell we would still be in the mix for autos.

Just goes to show what a poor division this is.

It also shows how well we were doing, we had a nice buffer between us and the playoffs at one point. Even so its amazing no one has passed us yet, but thats sadly going to happen very soon.

I hope we do make the playoffs like everyone else.But can anyone seriously see us going up through. The playoffs? The best we could hope at the moment is two draws and we go to the final on pens. Admittedly at that point anything is possible

I hope we do make the playoffs like everyone else.But can anyone seriously see us going up through. The playoffs? The best we could hope at the moment is two draws and we go to the final on pens. Admittedly at that point anything is possible

At the moment is a red herring. If things were to carry on as they are 'at the moment', we won't even make the playoffs. If we do, you'd have to assume we'd have found some form to get there and that would put us in with a shout. I've still got a stubborn faith that this team can turn the corner.

I know the 'pack' are closing , and unless we turn things around , we will be swallowed up soon.
But this Division throws up some odd results and despite a disappointing 0-0 at home , we are another point closer to Oxford.
A win at Bristol Rovers ( yes I know it's been a while ) , will make the home game with Oxford massive.
So let's give ourslves some breathing space by dragging Oxford down below us !

Nicely put SBH,

Agree on Fred.
Barney is indeed looking down the barrel and if he wants a contract here or anywhere else..He has to prove he warrants one.
Philip to me is hit or miss and his managerial record overall is nothing o write home about,Regarding Ron I suppose it depends on Phil's contract terms.
If we had managed just 2 wins during this spell we would still be in the mix for autos.

Same old same old mrsblue, I'm not going to repeat myself again but once more you have failed to recognise how to get the best out of Barnard's game. Some people have very short memories of just how he managed to score goals for us in the first place.....

Only one person can sort this out, over to you Phil. And do it quickly.

Same old same old mrsblue, I'm not going to repeat myself again but once more you have failed to recognise how to get the best out of Barnard's game. Some people have very short memories of just how he managed to score goals for us in the first place.....

Only one person can sort this out, over to you Phil. And do it quickly.

Stop living in the past!

Barney has been back here for some time and has done nowt,Why has Phil not gave him the full 90 ?I and every other fan would love it if Lee started scoring which propels us into the play offs.

Over to you Lee.

Stop living in the past!

Barney has been back here for some time and has done nowt,Why has Phil not gave him the full 90 ?I and every other fan would love it if Lee started scoring which propels us into the play offs.

Over to you Lee.

Why don't you ask yourself WHY Barnard hasn't scored whilst he's been on the pitch? The same as why the likes of Eastwood and Corr very rarely score too? Face it, the supply line in this side is nowhere near good enough. Until we bring in someone with pace who can stretch and unlock a defence to create opportunities things won't change. By then I fear it will be too late. Hurst and Leonard carried this side until recently, one of those players has suffered a dip in form (not necessarily his fault) and it shows in terms of goals and results.

Why don't you ask yourself WHY Barnard hasn't scored whilst he's been on the pitch? The same as why the likes of Eastwood and Corr very rarely score too? Face it, the supply line in this side is nowhere near good enough. Until we bring in someone with pace who can stretch and unlock a defence to create opportunities things won't change. By then I fear it will be too late. Hurst and Leonard carried this side until recently, one of those players has suffered a dip in form (not necessarily his fault) and it shows in terms of goals and results.

Past 2 and half years Barnard has scored 7 times so perhaps the other clubs never knew the best way to serve him.

Fred And Barry have been done to death.

The common denominator which all 3 don't have is pace!,In this division pace up front is very telling.

All 3 of the above need a partner up front assuming they are all match fit?

Brown is saying that we have only one striker who can play the current system and the other three cant so why cant we change it then

Neither us or Oxford want playoffs, both clubs doing their best to throw it away, but everyone so poor that they wont take 7th from us! Shows how bad this league is.

Its so so simple.
We have to now change the system. No point blaming Freddy or Barney for not being 6'4". And no point thinking we can loan someone- Woodrow was wasted in a 451, looked no better than Freddy or Barney, and is now starting in the Prem!!

Up top on your own with no support whatsoever without even the where with all to work out who needs it on the deck and who needs it in the stratesphere just bringing in someone else makes no difference

Yep.

Hurst has been found out (As you say not necessarily his fault, it's just teams have done their research properly) as has our inability to produce a "Plan B"...

If Hurst is not firing and supplying, then Fred/Corr/Barney whoever may as well not be on the pitch.

A striker is only as good as his supply line.

Reminds me very much of how we relied on Ryan Hall actually and had no "Plan B" then, when he was doubled up on and effectively taken out the game.

Back