• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Stockdale signs on Emergency loan

Fantastic bit of business, despite conceding, looks like a super replacement for a few weeks.

Having signed on Saturday (seemingly) does that make him eligible for next Saturday too even if we don’t get an extension?

Am i the only one who thinks he didn't look all that?
I doubt he's had too much game time with Birmingham's first team and he only met the squad on Saturday so he probably merits a bit of slack just yet. Made a good stop in the second half.

Conceeded every shot on target. Pretty much following in Oxleys footsteps this season.
All 3 of their goals were scored from inside the 6 yard box. There is not a keeper in the world that could have saved those. Instead of blaming Stockdale I think you first need to look at the defence.

All 3 of their goals were scored from inside the 6 yard box. There is not a keeper in the world that could have saved those. Instead of blaming Stockdale I think you first need to look at the defence.

Problem is people don’t want to blame our defence. Constant excuses for their poor defending. JW and MT are not good enough going forward. We need Lennon and Moore in together and come jan we need to strengthen at CB because it’s by far our weakest area.

Wasn't overly impressed with him for any of the goals, but do understand all were at pinpoint range. Unfortunately, think that lack of reaction/reflexes has to be in relation to his weight rather than match sharpness. Was right in-line with his warm up, and he looked like he was blowing after a couple of catches. Doesn't seem to be one of the many keepers who gets better as time goes on, would need a good month or so to get in match condition, by which point, Southend won't benefit. Keep him for the away game then get the kid in to blood him for a game in the league at home to Fleetwood.

Didn't say I blamed him. Merely stated a fact. The defending was shocking.

Agree for the first 2 but for the third if you slow down the footage on YouTube it's clear that he actually gets a leg on the cross but it deflects into the path of the striker, he could have done better there (although possibly White was blocking his view).

From the South Upper, he was very unlucky on the first goal. Looked to have had it well covered until the defensive tackle came in and deflected the shot. Difficult to see in the video but the ball definitely changed direction to sneak past.

Problem is people don’t want to blame our defence. Constant excuses for their poor defending. JW and MT are not good enough going forward. We need Lennon and Moore in together and come jan we need to strengthen at CB because it’s by far our weakest area.

on the contrary, its all ive seen since saturday. all 3 goals were set pieces where expectation is that you defend as a team and yet 2 players are getting slated for it.

Back