• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Big Dady

¡Viva la Kevolución! ⭐️ ⭐️
Staff member
Looks like the Stockport County game at Roots Hall on Saturday 11th.Oct. may be in some doubt.

Their striker Peter Thompson has been called up to the Northern Ireland squad for their forthcoming World Cup Qualifiers against Slovenia and San Marino. Thompson's inclusion in Nigel Worthington’s squad will see him miss their away trip to Southend United unless the game is postponed due to international call ups.

Full Story

Hope the game is not postponed!

Surely they have other strikers, could understand it if they were going to have 3/4 missing.

I thought they needed 4 people called up for international duty for a game to be re scheduled?

Whose call is it as to whether or not it is called off? Presumably we are well within our rights to insist that the game is played then, given the relatively short notice as well.

Whose call is it as to whether or not it is called off? Presumably we are well within our rights to insist that the game is played then, given the relatively short notice as well.

Perhaps the matches are called off when the international squads are announced? In which case we wouldn't find out until just a few days before the fixture

Stockport managed to get their home league game against Northampton Town postponed earlier this month, due to having three of their players called up for international duty - Peter Thompson for Northern Ireland (as mentioned in the link above), Stephen Gleeson for Republic of Ireland U-21 and Owain Fon Williams for Wales U-21. So it seems only three players was enough for them to get the game called off.

It didn't seem to please travelling Northampton fans, as shown towards the end of this article, as they were only given nine days' notice. We currently have 12 days to go until the Stockport game.

Owain Fon Williams has been called up to the Wales U-21 squad to play England next month, so Stockport are definitely two players down, but I can't find any fixtures for the Republic of Ireland U-21 team, so maybe Stephen Gleeson will be available for them and they'll only have the two players missing?

Meanwhile, Leicester City's match at home to Yeovil Town, also due to be played on October 11, has already been called off due to three Leicester players being called up, one for Bulgaria and two for Wales U-21.

Selfishly, I hope it IS postponed. It's my youngest's birthday on 11th so will miss the game if it goes ahead as scheduled.

If it was us and WE had players called up for Internationals, I would be demanding that the game be postponed.

Since it isn't...

Cheeky *******s. Hope the FA treat any request to postpone with the contempt it deserves. It's a ruddy disgrace. Etc, etc...

Back