• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bielzibubz

President
Well, after Tuesday nights outstanding win against Birmingham I see no reason why we can't go on and bag all three points at The Britannia Stadium.

With all the conjecture about Freddy and whether he'll go or stay during the transfer window finally over we, hopefully, might see him finding his goalscoring boots again during the run in to the end of the season.

IMO the inclusion of Foran in the squad for Saturday can only be good news, if for no other reason than that he gives Tilly more options out wide and provides competition for places. I know nothing about the lad but as soon as he pulls on a Blues shirt he'll have my 100% support.

The back line for Blues should see the return of Sodje. A big plus I feel as he has without doubt been one of our most consistent players this season and a rock in the center of defence.

As for Stoke City, well, they have made a number of signings during the transfer window - Lee Hendrie, Salif Diao, Andy Griffin, Liam Lawrence and Rory Delap - How many of those will get a run out is anyone's guess but if he does then Hendrie is the one most likely to cause us problems. At 30 he may be getting on a a bit now but his experience at this level and higher will I'm sure pay dividends for The Potters.

In short, with confidence definitely on the up another three points on Saturday is definitely achievable and would be the ideal tonic to take into the QPR game on the 9th.

Keep the faith, we're on the up.

achievable... i'm just slightly worried about sodje's return because mad things happen in the box when he is around, barrett and clarke still have a few communication issues but on the whole have been absolutely class. It will be good to get AB's suspension out of the way but I have a nagging worry that if we play for 20mins like we did against Birmingham for the first 20, then they could well be 2 or 3 nil up!

With all the conjecture about Freddy and whether he'll go or stay during the transfer window finally over we, hopefully, might see him finding his goalscoring boots again during the run in to the end of the season.

Don't forget, if somebody wanted to take Freddy on loan with a view to completing a permanent transfer in the summer this could still happen, so we're not entirely out of the woods there yet!

Don't forget, if somebody wanted to take Freddy on loan with a view to completing a permanent transfer in the summer this could still happen, so we're not entirely out of the woods there yet!

True but in my ever so humble opinion I can't see this happening. I think a lot of teams who were supposedly in the frame to take Freddy away from Roots Hall were a little put off by his lack of form of late and I'm sure the last thing Freddy wants is to go somewhere on loan and possibly spend matches warming the bench or being used as a late game changing option.

He's not daft, he knows that if that move to a Prem side is going to happen come the summer then he has got to start scoring regularly and put his face firmly back in the frame. Something far more likely to happen here than let's say on loan to the likes of Fulham or Reading.

Well, after Tuesday nights outstanding win against Birmingham I see no reason why we can't go on and bag all three points at The Britannia Stadium.

IMO the inclusion of Foran in the squad for Saturday can only be good news, if for no other reason than that he gives Tilly more options out wide and provides competition for places. I know nothing about the lad but as soon as he pulls on a Blues shirt he'll have my 100% support.

The back line for Blues should see the return of Sodje. A big plus I feel as he has without doubt been one of our most consistent players this season and a rock in the center of defence.

As for Stoke City, well, they have made a number of signings during the transfer window - Lee Hendrie, Salif Diao, Andy Griffin, Liam Lawrence and Rory Delap - How many of those will get a run out is anyone's guess but if he does then Hendrie is the one most likely to cause us problems. At 30 he may be getting on a a bit now but his experience at this level and higher will I'm sure pay dividends for The Potters.

In short, with confidence definitely on the up another three points on Saturday is definitely achievable and would be the ideal tonic to take into the QPR game on the 9th.

Keep the faith, we're on the up.

you talk so much bollox sometimes :guns: :finger:

Id be happy with a point there, but with recent form we can now hope for a win.

Happy to see Sodje back, but Id prefer if it was to replace Clarke than Barrett if there had been any choice.

Think Clarke has done a lot better and is a decent player but the mistakes he made against Derby and Spurs, plus an own goal vs Birmingham he would be my 3rd choice.

Hey guys,

wondering if any of ya can help a poor little lad :D

anyone know if tickets are on sale on the day?

Back