• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stop the dreaming, this is the reality.....

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Ron has singlehandidly sent us down. Forget anyone below League 2 signing for us, we are now a shambles with only Ron's ******** to keep us afloat. Please stop the dreamer posts as it is all in Ron's hands whether we sink or swim, bulldozers in June could be a good guide!

Cheer up, wiggy. If you have a look around, a couple of people are actually asking for the return of Darryl. You should be in a happy place.

What's the betting we let a few leave (sell?).
Do nothing til 1 week before the new season starts.
Then sign 6 or 7 non league/league 2 loanees.
Have about 14 fit professionals.
Have a back 4 that have never even seen each other, let alone played together before.
It takes them 6 games to get to know each other, by which time we have no wins on the board.

Remind you of any other season?

Rons fault? Not the fact that we have been shocking for most of the season then. We are not dreaming! Leon Clarke is an easy transfer target .........

Rons fault? Not the fact that we have been shocking for most of the season then. We are not dreaming! Leon Clarke is an easy transfer target .........

....Don't make me laugh, at least 20 clubs in front of us for Clarke, smell the warchest Ron coffee!

....Don't make me laugh, at least 20 clubs in front of us for Clarke, smell the warchest Ron coffee!

Not a comedy lover eh?

Warchest Ron coffee? is that a new flavour ..... a mix of air and shampoo.

Not a comedy lover eh?

Warchest Ron coffee? is that a new flavour ..... a mix of air and shampoo.

OK, let's be realistic, he has sold us down the river from a reasonably safe position and now we have next to nothing left, loanees and even lower league players will be the order of the day. Why are we 16/1 to win the League without any recognised players?

Have a back 4 that have never even seen each other, let alone played together before.
It takes them 6 games to get to know each other, by which time we have no wins on the board.

Good point mate. With whats gone on behind the scenes this season, no way will we be a players first choice whose looking for a new club. We will probably leave it late (again) before signing several new faces. Trouble is, i believe anyone who is still looking for a new club mid july onwards, must be gash otherwise another team would have already signed him?.

OK, let's be realistic, he has sold us down the river from a reasonably safe position and now we have next to nothing left, loanees and even lower league players will be the order of the day. Why are we 16/1 to win the League without any recognised players?
Totally agree, and think things will only get worse. Ron will make his money from selling the hall, then make more from FF, sell the club to make even more and walk away laughing all the way to the bank and the club itself wont see a penny.

I keep having this recurring nightmare that after the above, we wont be able to sustain the costs involved in having such a large stadium and nowhere near enough fans to fill it even if we are playing championship football (yeah right) anytime soon, so the club goes to the wall. I know the dream is to push on like Reading/Hull etc, but we're more likely to do a Darlo.

Ron has singlehandidly sent us down. Forget anyone below League 2 signing for us, we are now a shambles with only Ron's ******** to keep us afloat. Please stop the dreamer posts as it is all in Ron's hands whether we sink or swim, bulldozers in June could be a good guide!
The asterisks have really got me intrigued here. What of Ron's is keeping us afloat? 8 letters.....
Ron's coiffure?
Ron's mistress?
Ron's grenades?
Ron's lindy-hop?
Ron's Sicilian?
The mind boggles...

My money is on Wiggy's rep turning green before Southend United FC have a squad capable of challenging for promotion out of L2. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much Ronald...

Yep,this has happend more than a few times before, and can see it happening again. Also next season we will be paying even lower wages i presume, making it even harder to attract players to the club.

you've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how are you going to have a dream come true?

Not wanting to ever take the same side as Wiggy but relegation was caused by the financial issues which meant transfer embargos and inability to field a settled side before January, at which point we lost our top scorer.

Whoever allowed us to be in a position where we couldnt even get loans in nor pay our players has to be held responsible, and thats Ron Martin.

I do however think Tilson should have got more point since January when we had some stability, but the damage was done.

Bournemouth got promoted under a transfer embargo and small squad fyi !!

Back