• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stop using the flippin' sprinklers!!!

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
By all means water the pitch on the morning of a game, but it doesn't need watering just before it kicks off! Haven't the powers that be realised yet that half the team seems to struggle to keep their balance when the pitch is too wet, and that the shaded part remains like that throughout the game? Perhaps people are too worried about slipping over and suffering some injury or another and that's why we sometimes seem to be a bit half hearted and hesitant. Sawyer, Francis and Federici all had problems yesterday - or are they wearing blades?

Federici slipped over on the goal kick before our goal was scored. Seemed like everyone had problems with that yesterday.

I think all of our players fell over at least once, far too much water on the pitch, there were great big puddles in the middle of the pitch and the ball kept holding up.

By all means water the pitch on the morning of a game, but it doesn't need watering just before it kicks off! Haven't the powers that be realised yet that half the team seems to struggle to keep their balance when the pitch is too wet, and that the shaded part remains like that throughout the game? Perhaps people are too worried about slipping over and suffering some injury or another and that's why we sometimes seem to be a bit half hearted and hesitant. Sawyer, Francis and Federici all had problems yesterday - or are they wearing blades?
I think francis was wearing 16 holed Doc Martens

I suppose the only justification for it is that it makes the ball move much quicker on the deck of course.
FWIW, the pitch is regularly watered right up to the pre-kick off warm up before all Espanyol's home games here in Barcelona and often at HT too.

I suppose the only justification for it is that it makes the ball move much quicker on the deck of course.
FWIW, the pitch is regularly watered right up to the pre-kick off warm up before all Espanyol's home games here in Barcelona and often at HT too.

Yes, but the temperatures and amount of rainfall are significantly different I expect. As far as I'm concerned, they've been problematic during matches for players since they were put in.

To be honest, the players, knowing the pitch is being watered, should be wearing the correct footwear. They have all been playing the game long enough to know if the pitch is wet then you wear studs, or metal blades if your prefer.

The pitch is watered to help our game, and when we are in the grove having a watered pitch allows the ball to zip to peoples feet. Unfortuantely we didn't play well enough yesterday for the pitch to help us.

Totally agreed. No need for sprinklers at all as surely the pitch preparation has been done prior to the games and there is absolutely no need to do this on the day of a game.

Surely you prepare the pitch to suit your own side and the way our players fell about yesterday (Adam was all over the place as well) surely should register with the powers that be that this really is something happening to our disadvantage and should now be discontinued very quickly.

I thought blades were banned? As there is more chance of breaking your leg when yout turn around sharply??

I thought blades were banned? As there is more chance of breaking your leg when yout turn around sharply??

Nope. There was a lot of talk about banning them after a couple of horrible leg breaks and similiar injuries due to players wearing these, but they aren't banned.

Yes but, if they didn't water the pitch I for one would not see the players fall over and see their shorts rise up their bottoms and therefore I would miss out on seeing a small piece of their buttocks.

Yes but, if they didn't water the pitch I for one would not see the players fall over and see their shorts rise up their bottoms and therefore I would miss out on seeing a small piece of their buttocks.

Shame the Blue Belles don't slip over!!

Anybody who saw how bad & short our passes were at Crewe would realise how much we rely on it. Crewe left their grass very long & dry, which meant most of our passes were under hit & intercepted.

The answer, according to most boot manufacturers is to wear conventional studs & not the trendy blades!

Back