• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Also, why is the clock on the stand stopped at 45 and 90.

I guess it's for H&S to stop people running on the pitch when they think the 98th minute is up, but would be handy to know how much time is left, once you are in to injury time.

I've also noticed that in general time doesn't seem to be added on for stoppages within the designated injury time. ie, if board says 5 minutes stoppage time, then someone scores in injury time and spend 3 minutes celebrating the whistle still blows after 95 mins.

Noooooo nooooooooo nooooo. Not memories that should be resurrected while we still have things to play for 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. With hindsight it was the best possible outcome at Grimsby. Had we won at Grimsby none of us would have witnessed Sir Duncan Jupp's unforgettable burst up the hallowed turf a few weeks later and what was undoubtedly one of the most memorable moments in SUFC history.

(nb - that was of course before we signed the agreement to lose 1-0 away and draw 2-2 at home in all future play off semi-finals)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. With hindsight it was the best possible outcome at Grimsby. Had we won at Grimsby none of us would have witnessed Sir Duncan Jupp's unforgettable burst up the hallowed turf a few weeks later and what was undoubtedly one of the most memorable moments in SUFC history.

(nb - that was of course before we signed the agreement to lose 1-0 away and draw 2-2 at home in all future play off semi-finals)

Unless the team we're playing is called Doncaster, in which case we have to agree to be slaughtered.

Also the fact that stoppage time appears to be calculated completely randomly doesn't help any analysis. Against Mansfield the other week Thompson was down with his shoulder injury for over 5 minutes in one incident alone in the first half and there were only 3 minutes added on....Second half neither trainer were on, just 4 or 5 subs and again 3 minutes added on???

Are there guidelines for added time, or does the ref/4th official just take a stab or use gut instinct?

I believe its 30seconds per sub, but that is rarely added on for a sub after the 90 is up. I would like to see the ref blow at 90 and the both teams make any [quick] subs before continuing the added time with no further subs allowed.

At the moment players who are about to come off purely for time wasting tactics are signalled and go to the far side of the pitch and we have to suffer the long painful trudge for at least a minute.

I believe its 30seconds per sub, but that is rarely added on for a sub after the 90 is up. I would like to see the ref blow at 90 and the both teams make any [quick] subs before continuing the added time with no further subs allowed.

At the moment players who are about to come off purely for time wasting tactics are signalled and go to the far side of the pitch and we have to suffer the long painful trudge for at least a minute.

Or even worse, both teams make a sub at the same time, first player trudges off from the far side of the pitch, then we have to wait for the board to go up again with the number for the second sub....can they not do it at the same time??

Unless the team we're playing is called Doncaster, in which case we have to agree to be slaughtered.

Oh yeah....sorry, I'd erased that one from my memory.......what's that? I can't place a James Walker? The crossbar is how high you say?

I totally agree about having a large visible clock in the stadium that is stopped only for injuries or other major disruptions.
Everyone knows how long the game has to the finish and once the hooter sounds on 90 minutes that's it.

On time wasting. I agree the refs should be much firmer and issue cards.
On Tuesday why he allowed the three injured Newport players to slowly trudge off the pitch when they were injured on the far side and in higher grades of football the ref would have made the player leave the pitch at the closest point and then have to walk or be carried around the outer edges of the pitch back to the dugout. Admittedly the last casualty was helped and skipped across the pitch but again from the opposite side of the pitch.

And most of us that went up on the Harry Baris special certainly were before we got to the game great day out. Started off with shoulder in sling until the beer numbed the pain. I still remember Barry kept nudging me on the Coach on the way up. Two choices. My good shoulder or the one with a bright white sling on. No need to say more

Back