• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stoptober 2014

amsemp

Director⭐
Anyone else been nagged and hounded by their mrs until they gave in decided to give this a go?

I've lasted 33 hours and just caved in. Can't say the cigarette did a lot for me and I'm now wallowing in shame! Any ex-smokers got any tips that could help me? :'(

Anyone else been nagged and hounded by their mrs until they gave in decided to give this a go?

I've lasted 33 hours and just caved in. Can't say the cigarette did a lot for me and I'm now wallowing in shame! Any ex-smokers got any tips that could help me? :'(

I had the mindset that as soon as I smoked I was back to square one and just did it cold turkey. Cutting down, vamping or using patches is just prolonging the pain.

I had the mindset that as soon as I smoked I was back to square one and just did it cold turkey. Cutting down, vamping or using patches is just prolonging the pain.

I believe that is also borne out by research.

I remember years ago my aunt (who had given up) telling me that, regardless of how long you have gone without, if you have one cigarette, within 2 weeks you'll be back to where you were before you have up.

I believe that is also borne out by research.

I remember years ago my aunt (who had given up) telling me that, regardless of how long you have gone without, if you have one cigarette, within 2 weeks you'll be back to where you were before you have up.

If your aunt says this is true then that's good enough for me.

Vapouring is the way forward as far as I'm concerned. Five weeks today for me. Not entirely sure I feel better in myself but the wallet is definitely happier. Saved over £500 quid which has pretty much paid for two trips abroad.

I found that rather than opt for a vapour stick thing and looking a bit faggy I started smoking a crack pipe to look a bit more geezer.

I now get a guaranteed 6 seats free and can while the hours away travelling on the c2c line as well.

Vapouring is the way forward as far as I'm concerned. Five weeks today for me. Not entirely sure I feel better in myself but the wallet is definitely happier. Saved over £500 quid which has pretty much paid for two trips abroad.

You were smoking 40 a day?

I did cold turkey too, though different methods seem to suit different people.

When I quit, I set a date to stop. The big thing that helped me was my last cigarette though, I decided that if I was serious about quitting, then why should I smoke that last one? I lit it, took a drag, then decided to just hold it over my lighter and destroy it. Sounds daft, but that was the hardest bit, wasting a cigarette. Once I'd done that I felt it'd lost its hold over me

I did cold turkey back in 98/99, but I didn't really smoke more than 5 a day so as I remember it wasn't that tough. Not even had a craving for one since.

Cheers guys. I'll be going cold turkey tomorrow. Would appreciate a certain football team beating Morecambe to keep me on the straight and narrow though!

Cold turkey in October 2012 after smoking for 20 years. Never looked back.

Don't feel healthier in anyway but smell much better.

^^ What he said. From 20+ a day to zero with the help of patches.

I truly believe you won't ever kick it for good unless YOU really WANT to. It's no good doing it because you get nagged by the Mrs. that's pointless. It's got to be because you WANT to give up. And lets face it, why wouldn't you when you stink, your clothes stink, you make things around you stink and your becoming a social pariah. And that's without the health implications. I have nothing but disdain for anyone that chooses to smoke and I swore to myself that I wouldn't become one of those holier than thou converts I hated before giving up and yet here I am.......a holier than thou convert :smile:

Do it......QUIT because believe me the smell of stale smoke is truly horrendous and i can guarentee if you smoke, you stink ;)

11 and a half years now for me, in those early days I didn't beat myself up if I lapsed and had one, and I found I could quite easily resist after not enjoying it one little bit! Think I had two in that first year and each time hated it so much I vowed never to do so again. Not had one since though still get the odd craving.

I did cold turkey back in 98/99, but I didn't really smoke more than 5 a day so as I remember it wasn't that tough. Not even had a craving for one since.

Which I guess begs the question why you didn't do it before if it was so easy?

That's not a pop at you, but a genuine question based on human nature, i.e. it really suggests that giving up is mostly mind over matter.

11 and a half years now for me, in those early days I didn't beat myself up if I lapsed and had one, and I found I could quite easily resist after not enjoying it one little bit! Think I had two in that first year and each time hated it so much I vowed never to do so again. Not had one since though still get the odd craving.

Much like me and McDonalds!

Back