• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Storm Kiera

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
Apparently going to be the worst in 7 years. Anyone feeling the effects yet? Not even a breeze around the Basildon area. Calm before the storm?

We have Shrimpers dotted around the country. Anything?

Kev's got to do a Gatwick run at half 3 in the morning - just hoping he gets there and back safely. They'll be kept in the airport until it's safe to fly no doubt.

Apparently going to be the worst in 7 years. Anyone feeling the effects yet? Not even a breeze around the Basildon area. Calm before the storm?

Sounds bloody windy in Blackpool, from the comfort of my B&B. But it’s near the seafront, so to be expected I guess...just hope trains aren’t too bad tomorrow as they were announcing possible cancellations/speed restrictions on the way up.

I am not sure about Storm Kiera but Storm Ciara is expected to hit Southend area between 1.00am and 2.00am in the early hours of Sunday morning with 40 mph winds, rising progressively to 70 mph by 2.00pm to 3.00pm tomorrow, and will decrease back to 50 mph by 7.00pm Sunday evening. It will stay around that level until midday Tuesday.

I am not sure about Storm Kiera but Storm Ciara is expected to hit Southend area between 1.00am and 2.00am in the early hours of Sunday morning with 40 mph winds, rising progressively to 70 mph by 2.00pm to 3.00pm tomorrow, and will decrease back to 50 mph by 7.00pm Sunday evening. It will stay around that level until midday Tuesday.
Met office reckon max gusts around 60 mph tomorrow afternoon decreasing to below 40 mph until mid Tuesday , what we call a breeze on Foulness

Slowly starting to pick up here. Two of the cats still out but expecting them back at high speed in the next hour or so. I'm not looking forward to this, high winds make me nervous. We have a oak tree just a little too close to the building for my liking. Fingers crossed it stays put.

Met office reckon max gusts around 60 mph tomorrow afternoon decreasing to below 40 mph until mid Tuesday , what we call a breeze on Foulness
Well it is so flat over there I am not surprised you call it a breeze, I would be more worried about if it will flood at high tide? :Smile:

I was down Old Leigh when the hurricane hit in 87 , I will always remember how warm it was just before it hit , within half an hour a chair from the Peter Boat came bouncing up the high street . Nobody has ever said but the tide never came in to Leihj creek that morning because of the wind .

I was down Old Leigh when the hurricane hit in 87 , I will always remember how warm it was just before it hit , within half an hour a chair from the Peter Boat came bouncing up the high street . Nobody has ever said but the tide never came in to Leihj creek that morning because of the wind .

That was a bad one. Took me 4 hours to get from Southend to Tilbury where I was working at the time. The damage was horrific.

My conservatory ended up in my neighbours garden in 1987 storm, and they also had a big tree fall, crush and right off their car.

£12 million? Blimey, was it worth it? :Smile:
For them obviously yes , for me yes I can live out my life in a crime free, quite ( apart from when their firing) place with an a abundance of wildlife, and 24 hr security., far from the crime , drugs and filth my fellow blues fans have to injure, you ever been over here ?

Back