• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Storm Kiera

For them obviously yes , for me yes I can live out my life in a crime free, quite ( apart from when their firing) place with an a abundance of wildlife, and 24 hr security., far from the crime , drugs and filth my fellow blues fans have to injure, you ever been over here ?

Did you know the Wiskin family?

A mate just text me from Canvey, he was asking has the storm started in Southend yet. I said no, nothing yet. He said he's worried about it. I asked why was was he worried, as a big storm could make an improvement on Canvey. Harsh but fair, I thought.

Paper boat race at Benfleet yacht club tomorrow.

My entry has been designed to withstand 70mph gusts...

I was down Old Leigh when the hurricane hit in 87 , I will always remember how warm it was just before it hit , within half an hour a chair from the Peter Boat came bouncing up the high street . Nobody has ever said but the tide never came in to Leihj creek that morning because of the wind .

Leigh is so rough these days a chair from the Peter Boat could come bouncing down the street at any time.

Then you would get stabbed for trying to return it.

I am not sure about Storm Kiera but Storm Ciara is expected to hit Southend area between 1.00am and 2.00am in the early hours of Sunday morning with 40 mph winds, rising progressively to 70 mph by 2.00pm to 3.00pm tomorrow, and will decrease back to 50 mph by 7.00pm Sunday evening. It will stay around that level until midday Tuesday.

When i first read that I was expecting storm Kiernan and a real WOW factor....Turns out the storm didn't real fancy it.

During the conference call with the met office yesterday at work they expect gusts of between 45-60kts and 3000ft winds up to 80kts. This is around the London City Airport area. I’m in work today and don’t expect much to take off or land. I know they’ve already cancelled a load of flights in preparation for the storm.

Several trees down, one near the Tesco roundabout on the A127, another in Cambridge Road, one on Bread & Cheese Hill and one on Church Road in Benfleet.

Well this is fun. Blown through the streets of Blackpool to the station. Cab to Preston for 45 notes as absolutely zero trains leaving there, now travelling to Euston very slowly indeed. Floods everywhere, how’s it back in Essex?

Well this is fun. Blown through the streets of Blackpool to the station. Cab to Preston for 45 notes as absolutely zero trains leaving there, now travelling to Euston very slowly indeed. Floods everywhere, how’s it back in Essex?

Buildings and trees and tings blown down, oh, and a fence panel. By the time you get back, there will be no Essex.

Very Strong winds down here on the Essex Riviera. Its not as strong as when the jet ski shop windows blew in.

Still a few people on the beach and along the path. I have in the past seen one of those dinghies break free from behind the wall and fly across the road, so not the best time to go for a Sunday stroll

Back