• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Storm Kiera

Where I live (right next to a field) the wind is shorting across and I have already lost my Barbi covering, the felt from the shed roof and lots of pots etc blown over.
Sounds worse sitting int he conservatory but no significant rain atm.
Am just pleased it’s daylight and can what is going on. Nothing worse than overnight and seeing damage in the morning and having to leave it and go off to work worrying

Where I live (right next to a field) the wind is shorting across and I have already lost my Barbi covering, the felt from the shed roof and lots of pots etc blown over.
Am just pleased it’s daylight and can what is going on. Nothing worse than overnight and seeing damage in the morning and having to leave it and go off to work worrying

@Tinks Sounds like the sort of thing Tony would have to face if you ever ventured into the kitchen in the evening. :Smile2:

Third place in the paper boat race. The tide was 1.5 metres lower than predicted due to the effects of the storm.

I was actually out on a boat recovering all of the entries from the other side of the creek.

Well I have yet to find that room in the house so, no worries there

You're offside then. Here's the proof.

The_4649e9_1871577.jpg

I'm stranded in Hamburg. Next flight out is Friday. Ryanair completely unobtainable. Heading to Bremen which is still open but just shelled out £300 to get a flight tonight.

Well this is fun. Blown through the streets of Blackpool to the station. Cab to Preston for 45 notes as absolutely zero trains leaving there, now travelling to Euston very slowly indeed. Floods everywhere, how’s it back in Essex?
Just on the C2C now. What a day!! It’s mild as anything compared to oop North. 5 hours from Preston to Euston. Oh well, least McLaughlin's goal made it worth it (kinda).

Had to drive from Rayleigh to Shoebury & back to Leigh, this afternoon. Left Rayleigh 2.30pm, was back in Leigh within an hour.
Surprised by lack of wind damage throughout my routes, wind def gusting stronger at Shoebury than Rayleigh & Leigh.
Only saw 2 boats at Thorpe Bay blown up onto the beach, loads of sand across the road all the way, & a couple of fence panels down in Leigh.

You better get it back on before Ken realises you're not the real thing.

Very Strong winds down here on the Essex Riviera. Its not as strong as when the jet ski shop windows blew in.

Still a few people on the beach and along the path. I have in the past seen one of those dinghies break free from behind the wall and fly across the road, so not the best time to go for a Sunday stroll
Went for a run after the 87storm, saw one of the little rowing boat type dinghys on the top of the hedge at TB tennis club

Went for a run after the 87storm, saw one of the little rowing boat type dinghys on the top of the hedge at TB tennis club

I had stayed in Crouch End that night as I was working in the next day for the fire brigade....Slept right through the night but realised I was in for fun when i was driving around lots of fallen trees on the way to work.

One call was to make chimney safe, the whole thing had moved and was about to fall. AS it was about 30ft in the air in the modern world you would tape off the area and wait for a hydraulic platform to become available because it was still very windy......However in 1987 men were men so off come the big ladder and they sent the young lad up (me) to sort it out. I had to climb up and balance dangerously on the roof and pick all the bricks off and lay them flat. Hanging on tightly with one hand on the ladder was the extent of safety precautions back then, instead of a line rescue team......The worse thing now is even the crowd gets restless, to much hanging around so they disperse. Back then they got value for money.

There’s a lot of devastation in Grays this morning. Rubbish strewn along the streets, cars overturned, buildings crumbling, properties ransacked, desperate people wandering aimlessly around the streets trying to piece their lives back together.

Weather was fairly mild over the weekend though.

Did our morning walk on the Chalkwell seafront, very little visible damage. A bit challenging walking into the wind as it was still up to 45 mph, and many of the small dogs were doing a good impersonation of floating in the air. Down the the Thorpe Bay end a beach hut had lost it's roof and ended up outside Thorpe Bay Tennis Club. If you want some free sand to knock up some cement then now's your time, there's plenty banked up in front of the posh houses at the Thorpe Bay end.

Back