• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jamie sutton

Schoolboy
Pretty P***** off last night after the game that every player except Clohessy and Morris walked straight down the tunnel without clapping the fans. Think this is a disgrace, especially after freezing my b****** off for 90 minutes. Gone were the days when Barrett the whole squad and even Tilson used to clap the fans, poor.

Clohessey is a top man and our most consistent without a doubt, but you're right this has happened for far too long and it's always the same players.

Has Sturrock ever walked over to the West to clap the fans? Enough said.

Clohessey is a top man and our most consistent without a doubt, but you're right this has happened for far too long and it's always the same players.

Has Sturrock ever walked over to the West to clap the fans? Enough said.
Come on, give the guy a break - he's got Parkinsons for goodness sake!

I would imagine that they were all to ashamed to show their faces round the ground last night from what I've read here, and if you're getting booed by your own supporters, would you really want to face them at the end? Can't say I would.

to be honest if you have played with no real fight would you really want to walk round the pitch at the end. Surely you would feel guilty of letting everyone down. Fair enough if you lose but you have battled hard and been unlucky. The lack of clapping fans at the end pretty much tells it own story

What ?

If he can do the managers job with parkinsons he can sure as hell walk a few yards to acknowledge the fans !!!!!!!
I don't think he does a lot of running around at the training ground, probably leaves that to Coughlan. And I'm sorry but if you think it's easy for someone with Parkinsons to walk across an uneven cut up surface like the pitch at the end of a game then you're sadly mistaken. My nan had Parkinsons and I know the difficulty she had walking any distance, now I'm aware that PS's isn't as advanced but I still don't see why people should expect him to walk over to the West Stand to applaud people barracking his team.....he's NOT Steve Tilson!

What ?

If he can do the managers job with parkinsons he can sure as hell walk a few yards to acknowledge the fans !!!!!!!

Spot on, saved me the bother of posting exactly the same in reply!

Sturrock is the first to go on about respect & support for the players, I'd say very few of them (& management team) have shown that to us in 18months they've been at Southend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop crying over not getting clapped for doing something you enjoy! Ooh well done you watched a game of football!

Not many people clapped Clohessy or Morris anyway so I suspect that if you weren't clapping Clohessy you weren't going to clap Gilbert.

Do people actually think footballers are immune from having human feelings and emotions?

I don't think he does a lot of running around at the training ground, probably leaves that to Coughlan. And I'm sorry but if you think it's easy for someone with Parkinsons to walk across an uneven cut up surface like the pitch at the end of a game then you're sadly mistaken. My nan had Parkinsons and I know the difficulty she had walking any distance, now I'm aware that PS's isn't as advanced but I still don't see why people should expect him to walk over to the West Stand to applaud people barracking his team.....he's NOT Steve Tilson!
Oh for gods sake, next you'll be telling me someone carries him to his car in these icy conditions.......you just don't get it clearly !

well he's not fit for the job then, just like your nan wouldn't have been x

Stop crying over not getting clapped for doing something you enjoy! Ooh well done you watched a game of football!

Not many people clapped Clohessy or Morris anyway so I suspect that if you weren't clapping Clohessy you weren't going to clap Gilbert.

Do people actually think footballers are immune from having human feelings and emotions?
If I **** up I make sure my paying customers feel loved, and try to repair the situation. I don't storm off, thinking "don't they realise I have human feelings and emotions".

well he's not fit for the job then, just like your nan wouldn't have been x

Exactly, people give it large when things are going well about Sturrock overcoming all the odds with his illness to achieve what he has. How is it then OK to bleat that he can't do this & can't do that because of the Parkinson's when things aren't as rosy.

A rant about not being clapped by players who have been abused for 90 minutes. Oh dear...

A rant about not being clapped by players who have been abused for 90 minutes. Oh dear...

DING DING DING DING!

Exactly, people give it large when things are going well about Sturrock overcoming all the odds with his illness to achieve what he has. How is it then OK to bleat that he can't do this & can't do that because of the Parkinson's when things aren't as rosy.

Can you please stop being so disrespectful with low digs towards someone who is a great bloke and who has turned this club around and has got us to 3rd and will get us promoted. Try and use your brain cells bud.

Back