• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

' Message to brain '. Hoofball, sorry direct football not working, so lets try passing the ball on the ground!!

'message to brain'. We're third in the league and all the fans keep slagging me off. Why do I bother? Southend fans have failed to notice that there are 21 managers in this league who are doing worse than me - hey can't keep anything in proportion.

'message to brain'. We're third in the league and all the fans keep slagging me off. Why do I bother? Southend fans have failed to notice that there are 21 managers in this league who are doing worse than me - hey can't keep anything in proportion.

Only point I would raise is to wait until all teams have played the same number of games and see if, hopefully, we are still 3rd.

Somehow I doubt it.

And show some respect that the guy has parkinsons, alot of people have illnesses in this country and they get on with it. Stop feeling sorry for him, he's big enough to look after himself.
Who is feeling sorry? I'm pointing out a practical reason as to why he probably doesn't do it. "Like I say", just cos Tilson used to do it doesn't automatically mean everyone has to.

So if one of your customers is full on abusing you, you should applaud their efforts?

If the fans were backing the team, cheering them on, you know, actually SUPPORTING their team. Maybe the team would then feel the need to thank and acknowledge the fans efforts?

So if one of your customers is full on abusing you, you should applaud their efforts? Deluded much?

If the fans were backing the team, cheering them on, you know, actually SUPPORTING their team. Maybe the team would then feel the need to thank and acknowledge the fans efforts?

Do you always cheer the team then when they are 2-0 down to a mid table team at home and playing rubbish?

Do you always cheer the team then when they are 2-0 down to a mid table team at home and playing rubbish?

Nope I'm usually silent if we are playing rubbish but I wouldn't expect to be thanked for it either.

99% of manager's don't applaud the fans at the end of the match, and if they do it's just near the tunnel. Tilson was a rarity and it was because he had such an affiliation with the club. Some managers probably feel that it's not their place to do that as it's the players who are the ones working on the pitch. Most of the players are normally pretty good at applauding the fans (particularly Clohessy as has been mentioned), especially at away games, and I'm sure it's something that PS promotes.

Sent from my laptop.

Who is feeling sorry? I'm pointing out a practical reason as to why he probably doesn't do it. "Like I say", just cos Tilson used to do it doesn't automatically mean everyone has to.

Sorry but for 2minutes of his time a quick clap all he got to do. Expects us to perform in the stands.
I'm just stating my opionion

The players are in a impossible position here. After what they know was a very poor performance filled with negativity from certain sections of the crowd - what are they expected to do? No doubt they'd get just as much stick if they did all go off clapping as though they were proud of their performance.

Dissapointed like everyone else last night but poking the manager about his Parkinsons disease is very, very wrong .
Please be more respectful.

Back