• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And if anyone thinks he's a threat all re-watch 1st leg vs Burton, the Heskey esk shot that was almost an amazing pass to Hurst haha.

Oh well, would have liked to have kept him around but not too bothered he's gone.

Worrying that York are offering more attractive deals than us though :unsure:

You could always tell what kind of game he would have within the first 10 minutes. Unplayable on form, can't play off form! A bit disappointed because I like players that prove boo boys wrong. I'm sure we can get someone better!

Shame and no bothered at the same time.

Probably about good enough to start more than he did and he did offer something different. Don't think he is a player we couldn't replace but I have seen a loss worse wingers. Dangerous as a left back if you ask me. Worked well with Coker but in general not fussed either way.

Oh well, would have liked to have kept him around but not too bothered he's gone.

Worrying that York are offering more attractive deals than us though :unsure:

I would hope we are saving our money to put into talented consistent players then splashing it on Forest Gump.

Had about 5 half good games for us and considering we paid a fee for him, well he has been poor and can go, would only be a bench player at best next season anyway:thumbsup:

I always thought he was ok and not as bad as many made out.

Do think he peaked last year with that goal at Chelmsford in the pre season friendly though.

No biggy for me, far too inconsistent and divided opinion too much. Still can't believe his signing commanded a fee albeit through the Tribunal system.

It was clear Brown only saw him as a squad player in the last few months and realistically he would have been offered an extension during the season had he been a major part of Brown's plans.

Frees up some wages and allows Brown to mould his squad further.

Straker joins York City after turning down contract offer at Southend

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown is unsure whether or not Anthony Straker will be staying with the Shrimpers.

More...

Only problem is no cover for Left Back now unless we consider Prosser as that which is a bit worrying!

Very good on his day, certainly better than some of the overpaid and lauded bench-sitters. Treated very badly by some of our numpties but they'll find a replacement.

Good luck, Anthony. Please don't score against us but, if you do, feel free to celebrate wildly in front of previously mentioned numpties.

Indeed and CP says we are in talks to sign a replacement. Give Brown a chance, the players he has let go so far have been spot on for me and if he can get Sokolik and Tomlin in for starters things will be looking very good.

Pleased he has gone as never seen a more ineffective and frustrating player at the Hall for some time. Straker looks like a footballer has the pace for a footballer but that's where it ends. Wish him well at York though.

And if anyone thinks he's a threat all re-watch 1st leg vs Burton, the Heskey esk shot that was almost an amazing pass to Hurst haha.

the same bloke that scored in the replay - yep no threat at all:dim:

I never liked the way that if him and Hurst were both on the field, no matter how bad Hurst was playing- Brown always took of Straker. I liked him. I go to football to hopefully enjoy myself and perhaps see something special, when Straker came on there was always that anticipation and hope that maybe today will be one of the 'special' days.

I wish him well and would have been happy to have kept him but at the same time Brown clearly doesn't rate him that highly so I get the decision

the same bloke that scored in the replay - yep no threat at all:dim:

I never liked the way that if him and Hurst were both on the field, no matter how bad Hurst was playing- Brown always took of Straker. I liked him. I go to football to hopefully enjoy myself and perhaps see something special, when Straker came on there was always that anticipation and hope that maybe today will be one of the 'special' days.

I wish him well and would have been happy to have kept him but at the same time Brown clearly doesn't rate him that highly so I get the decision

Blue moons is when he plays his best, I did previously credit him with 3 good games. Anticipation was him running ball out of play then yes world class IMO. Should have got rid of hurst and given STRAKER the biggest contract in world football, more then messi and Ronaldo easily!! Just wish we had a team of strakers to play well one every 20 games, we'd be in Conference South for sure!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back