• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I liked Strakes and at times the abuse he took from certain sections of our crowd disgusted and sickened me.

Thing is, the team needs a complete and utter overhaul as, quite frankly it hasn't been good enough to get us promoted out of L2 and PB has to now make the changes he considers necessary to get us up. Strakes was inconsistent and yes, we probably can get somebody better in but his commitment and effort while at Southend was never in doubt and I certainly wish him well at York City and in the future.

I'm not sorry to see him go, if we're looking to build a team capable of gaining automatic promotion we need players of a better calibre than Straker. Having one good game in every five is far too inconsistent. It was like playing with 10 men having him in the team at times. He always gave 100% though and cannot be faulted for that.

What do we need to get promotion?........consistency.
What does Straker bring?............. Goal Kicks.

The OS says he scored 6 goals last season.
I get all the comments about his inconsistency and for the most part agree with these , but on the basis he wasn't always a first choice starter and invariably got subbed when he did start , I would say that's a pretty good stat compared to our other midfield players.

I always felt cross that if he was doing ok on the left wing, then Hurst would swap with him and not have the same success, and Straker having an even worse time on the right because he was left footed! Play to your strengths!

Wish him well, nothing against him, great at times, poor at others, but then he wouldn't have been in L2 if he was good all the time. Picked a nice city to live in or near too.

Consistency is surely the key word here and Mr Straker wasn't Mr Consistency. I know we're talking about League Two footballers but even then I didn't have the impression that his ratio of good performances against poor ones, was quite good enough. Doubt whether he is one of the players we shall have great difficulty in replacing. Thanks all the same Strakes for the good moments, that run on the left wing which resulted in our Cup goal at Chesterfield, comes to mind and good luck at York (apart from when we play them).

Disappointed. Always gave his all and was a good player for us. Good luck at York.

Stuff that sticks in your mind about Straker - When he scored against Burton in the second semi I would have had his babies! Obviously this offer was withdrawn a bit further into the match.

Committed player who worked hard, a bit headless. Personally I think its a good thing he has gone. He was never going to start every game and at best he played a few and then lost confidence and dropped out the side again.

We have lacked the quota of wingers we have needed for a while so hopefully we can now go out and sign someone who can play the bulk of the games.

Not sure why everyone assumes he moved North for money. Maybe he wants football and he was never going to get that on a regular basis with us as he is not good enough and is too inconsistent. 10 out of 10 for effort when he played.

Back