• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can imagine they'll make a better offer than we have.

I'd happily keep him around, on his day he is a real threat, wouldn't particularly want him as a starting 11 player but he's good back up, but if Brown has a decent replacement in line then that's alright.

So is he not leaving the club then?

I know as much as you do.

Same thing happened with Barry Corr and Burton last year and he ended up staying.

Alls I'm saying is, quoting it as 'set to leave' may be jumping the gun somewhat.

Sky Sports does say 'Thought to be having a medical' I would say that is pretty 'set to leave'

So we lose a player that for the most part I have to give the benefit of the doubt to in order to accept he is of league ability. A lot of players have sporadic flashes of ability but its consistency that eludes them and for me that is Strakes problem. Far too inconsistent to be worthy of player above the conference level of football.

Good.

He was a long way short of being one of the best players in a team that ultimately wasn't good enough. We need to improve and players will have to leave if we're going to get better ones in.

The rest of the squad won't be happy.

The "boo boys" will be looking for a new scapegoat...............

The rest of the squad won't be happy.

The "boo boys" will be looking for a new scapegoat...............

Indeed.
If Starker goes , Smith stays out of favour and Prosser plays like he did last season , who will the East Reds vent their anger on ??

A blow if correct. He is a useful asset.

On what basis? he came to us as a left back, aldershot fans celebrated when he left them. was so bad got dropped from left back role and then ended up left midfield. yes scored a few goals but the most part did very little. he also became a bit of a fans favourite on the back of the fact he was so poor. is he a loss to the squad, no.

Strakes was underrated by many but I felt he was solid enough.

Good luckStrakes

No real loss, the only real benefit of having Straker was his pace and it sounds like that's something Brown will be addressing in forward areas this summer anyway. On his day (which was rare) he did very well for us, sadly his day didn't come anywhere near as much as it could have. Brown and the scouting team will get a good replacement in, I have no doubts about that.

Good luck to Strakes though, wish him well at York.

Comon people, do any of us actually care that Straker is leaving :happy:He had 3 good games last season haha. Off the wage bill and bring in Tomlin who get's more goals and more pace, and someone who doesn't kick the ball 50yards infront of himself and chase it like a lunatic.

Back