• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rlb999

We want 4 stands!
Does it strike anyone else strange that we're offering contracts to players without knowing which league we're playing in? Especially when it's 2 players who aren't totally comfortable at this level, never mind a league higher.

Payne is a kid still developing, not sure its fair to say he isnt comfortable at this level in any way than he is learning his trade.

Not sure Straker offers enough should we go up though.

Payne is still learning his trade, and a few games in a higher league will; firstly give him further experience and an opportunity to step up. Secondly, give the clubs management an opportunity to view his development to see if he is an asset worth keeping hold of.

Straker, has been fair this season, and if we make the step in to League One, will offer suitable cover where required. Basically I would see him as a adequate fringe player.

Payne should be kept. Don't imagine he is on a lot and he has potential. Too many times in the past we have released kids before they had chance to shine.

Straker is an enigma but he can be a match winner. Personally the jury is out but wouldn't be opposed to seeing him stay. I think we need a proper left winger however next session whatever league we are in.

Both make sense for me, Payne needs time and opportunity to develop. Straker this year has surprised me with some of his play, was at the game at Chesterfield in FA Cup, was tremendous. He is so unpredictable, is a good option to come on and run at and unsettle oppositions defense. A manager has to put a squad together as well as a winning team. If both of them see themselves as part of a squad of players who want to win, then it's the right decision. Keep a solid squad together for next season, then focus on the special players for us, Egan, Sokolik and a forward.

On his day Straker is good enough for League 1, unfortunately he has a massive confidence problem and if after a season PB still can't figure out how to fix it he is probably more suited to the bench.

Back