• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
I am sorry but I don't know why Sturrock brought this player in .Even chris Philips has said the guy is a poor defender .He almost cost us dear today . We must have a better left back in the squad .And if we haven't I suggest P S goes in search of one quick .:thumbdown:

To be fair CP also constantly said Smith is useless, and he's now being proved wrong, hopefully Straker can do a similar thing.

What with injuries and suspensions we really need the fringers like Benyon Harris Straker Spicer to really step it up. I've seen nothing great from them all season. What does it need? Good man management?. Straker is the most frustrating imho. Never takes his opportunity.

What with injuries and suspensions we really need the fringers like Benyon Harris Straker Spicer to really step it up. I've seen nothing great from them all season. What does it need? Good man management?. Straker is the most frustrating imho. Never takes his opportunity.

What does it need ? a ****ing prayer

Last two times I have seen Straker play he has been okay - not brilliant but not too bad either.

He scored against Fleetwood - well not according to the referee and linesman and was okay today - although there seems to be some question over his role in the goal we conceded (I will have to watch the video).

I think the lack of a stable top quality left midfielder in front of him at times does not help. Reeves was full of energy and endeavour but Reeves was pushed off the ball and gave away possession at times too easily making it difficult for Straker to do anything but sit in the left back position and provide no real attacking threat unlike the Hurst and Clohessey combination on the other side.

Last edited:
Last two times I have seen Straker play he has been okay - not brilliant but not too bad either.

He scored against Fleetwood - well not according to the referee and linesman and was okay today - although there seems to be some question over his role in the goal we conceded (I will have to watch the video).

I think the lack of a stable top quality left midfielder in front of him at times does not help. Reeves was full of energy and endeavour but Reeves was pushed off the ball and gave away possession at times to easily making it difficult for Straker to do anything but sit in the left back position and provide no real attacking threat unlike the Hurst and Clohessey combination on the other side.

As I've mentioned before I heard from the horses mouth that Luggy prefers only one of his full-backs to get forward regularly - that full-back is Clohessy. Straker has been instructed to "rein in" his attacking instincts down that side.

We're really struggling, I only hope that the likes of Phillips and Barker are back for Orient or I really can't see us reaching Wembley. Cresswell has a lot to answer for after today's stupidity, it may just cost us all a trip to Wembley. :thumbdown:

What I remember is he came in with a ok rep. It seemed to me that most of us were pretty happy when he came here. Now we're complaining as if we have greater wisdom looking back, then PS had then.
His hit miss ratio with players is pretty good. It's really up to Straker now. He has been given his chance and if he doesn't grasp it he's on the scrap heap like so many who have something but don't grasp it for whatever reason.

Now that people can't moan about Smith they have to find another player to bitch about! Some of you are like little pathetic little bullies. Its an embarrassment!

I'm not saying he's the greatest player to ever walk the earth, but he has barely played and if you notice, he actually crossed the ball in that led to our equaliser. The bloke has barely played a game for us, he's not the enemy you do know that right? He's got that beautiful badge tight against his chest when he plays!

Pathetic attitude.

I am sorry but I don't know why Sturrock brought this player in .Even chris Philips has said the guy is a poor defender .He almost cost us dear today . We must have a better left back in the squad .And if we haven't I suggest P S goes in search of one quick .:thumbdown:

If Chris Phillips says something is that deemed as definitive then?

Now that people can't moan about Smith they have to find another player to bitch about! Some of you are like little pathetic little bullies. Its an embarrassment!

I'm not saying he's the greatest player to ever walk the earth, but he has barely played and if you notice, he actually crossed the ball in that led to our equaliser. The bloke has barely played a game for us, he's not the enemy you do know that right? He's got that beautiful badge tight against his chest when he plays!

Pathetic attitude.

He does as much damage as the enemy

Seems to me everyone is quick to find fault withplayers representing us who all have far more ability than any of us ever had.the next 3 games are massive so lets get behind who ever puts on the blue and green shirts

I doubt he will ever be a first team regular from what I have seen, but seems a decent squad player, I just hope his wages aren't what you would expect a first team regular to be having though...

I hope people don't start turning on him like they did Smith. Learn from your mistakes like.

Other than a loose clearance for their goal, I actually thought he had a reasonable game. It was noticeable how fewer crosses came in from our left as he was able to block them because he was able to get tighter as he wasn't afraid of being skinned for pace.

Positionally he was fine, one rushed clearance aside he was fine on the ball. I think our goal came from him getting forward.

I think it was the name on the back of his shirt that is attracting criticism rather than his performance.

Back