• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strange things that happen at Footy

steveo1

Coach
A mate of mine offered me 2 tickets to watch Arsenal v Charlton at The Emirates, which is absolutely magnificent, and on the way to my seat I bumped into football Legend Peter Beardsley.
Had a quick chat, and turns out although he works for Newcastle Academy, him and his kids are Arsenal Supporters and get to as many games as possible, including Champions League Final last season.
What a nice bloke he is.

Newcastle born and bred and his kids support the Arse....he must be thrilled
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Jan. 04 2007,09:30)]From what he said it wounded like he does too
You mean it hurt him to say it?

He was thrilled they supported the Arse or was that irony? If my kids started supporting anyone but Southend they'd get no pocket money until they saw the light.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Bloke In The Pram Shop @ Jan. 04 2007,11:12)]You should have smacked him squarely on the chin for being a glory seeking, pretty boy $&*$!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
LMAO!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You should have smacked him squarely on the chin for being a glory seeking, pretty boy $&*$!!

Nah, he's a really nice bloke and was an excellent player.
Could probably do a good job for us even now

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Jan. 04 2007,11:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You should have smacked him squarely on the chin for being a glory seeking, pretty boy $&*$!!

Nah, he's a really nice bloke and was an excellent player.
Could probably do a good job for us even now
I met him at a World Cup dinner back in the summer. Top bloke. Probably my favourite ever non-Southend player.

Apparently when Beardsley was at newcastle, one of the guys left training early for a cortisone injection, which beardsley thought totally unfair as he was only given a ford capri!!!

Meet him a while back, he even laughed at me as i shanked a 30 yard pass to show me how t do it correctly he lashed the ball about 60 yards over the other lads head.

Alexis

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Jan. 04 2007,16:13)]I'm pretty sure his last ever game of pro football was at Roots Hall for Hartlepool.
Spot on.
Which if you witnessed it, goes to show he couldn't still do us a job!

Back