• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Straw poll - what camp are you in?

Well, what are you....

• Pro Martin and co

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Anti Martin and co

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
This is a very simplified question with just three options but I think it will be interesting to have an indication how people feel about the 'regime' at Roots Hall.

I'll make it anonymous so it doesn't end in a slanging match between the different 'camps'. Basically I'm interested to know if people are pro-Martin and co and believe they are doing what's best for the club, if they are still undecided or if they are in the Martin Out camp?

Trouble for me is I still cant get over promises made to convince people to buy shares and season tickets to buy players that never materialised.

I'm in the devil you know camp.

On the plus side, Ron has presided over, what could be argued as, our most successful period. Appointing Tilly, bringing stability to the club and increasing average attendances above the last time we reached CCC level.

On the downside we still seem to be in a bit of a financial mess and promises made to fans haven't materialised. However, I'd say half the 92 clubs are probably in the same or even worse position.

Even if RM were to call it day, could we attract a owner who could do better? I'd say no, we could end up with someone a lot worse.

It did materialise. The problem was the share issue raised so few funds that there wasn't enough to buy a new light bulb for the gents crapper let alone any new players.

I put 120 quid in - I know inflation is bad but surely that was enough to buy a light bulb for the aforementioned crapper wasn't it?

I put 120 quid in - I know inflation is bad but surely that was enough to buy a light bulb for the aforementioned crapper wasn't it?

Dunno, you seen the price of those new energy saving buggers?

I'll repeat the mantra that I've stated on other threads ad infinitum. For those who want Ron Martin out, who in their right mind is going to buy a third division club carrying 5 million quids worth of debt?

Having said that the answer can be found here www.eccentricrussianoligarchs.com or www.arabbankersareus.com

I am more in favour of the devil I know in RM, rather than another Anton Johnson arriving on his white charger to "save" the club. Again, and as I've said elsewhere Ron has all his financial eggs in the new stadium basket, and like many businesses has been severely bitten by the current financial crisis.

Finally, I am with Southminster on this one with his post in another thread, on how many people seem expert on running a football club and / or business, when collectively most of them couldn't run a bath. Plus their sum knowledge of running a football club comes from the latest computer game.

Last edited:
Back