• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

NL Streaming Platform Launched

Whispering Bob

Striker
I'm sure somebody mentioned a few weeks back that we may be able to watch Southend games via some kind of app/vehicle in the New Year?

Can anyone please verify (might make a nice Xmas gift for a house-bound parent).

I would imagine it will be similar to the EFL in that it will be 3pms available abroad and maybe away 7.45pm games being available, with the home side banking the cash.

Source - The Non league Football Paper

NATIONAL League TV will kick-off this coming Saturday with the soft launch of a centralised streaming platform.
Fans will be able to buy half-price access for the first two weeks while the process and system is stress tested before a full launch from Boxing Day where a domestic match day pass will cost £9.50.
The groundbreaking platform will allow supporters to take their pick of National League games – including being able to switch between matches – as opposed to buying a pass for an individual match.

Source - The Non league Football Paper

NATIONAL League TV will kick-off this coming Saturday with the soft launch of a centralised streaming platform.
Fans will be able to buy half-price access for the first two weeks while the process and system is stress tested before a full launch from Boxing Day where a domestic match day pass will cost £9.50.
The groundbreaking platform will allow supporters to take their pick of National League games – including being able to switch between matches – as opposed to buying a pass for an individual match.
Thanks for this.
Sounding good especially as I am away from next year for several weeks so means I can keep watching

Interesting.

There seem to be some grumbles that big clubs will benefit the most out of this, if they get 60% of the money from their supporters even when they are playing away, rather than the home team making money from ticket sales. Wrexham fans, to be fair, quick to point out this isn't the system they asked for, and that their owners have already pledged to donate 100% of their profits to the National League to be redistributed.

Interesting.

There seem to be some grumbles that big clubs will benefit the most out of this, if they get 60% of the money from their supporters even when they are playing away, rather than the home team making money from ticket sales. Wrexham fans, to be fair, quick to point out this isn't the system they asked for, and that their owners have already pledged to donate 100% of their profits to the National League to be redistributed.

It remains to be seen if this replaces away fans or provides additional revenue stream.

From my point of view it will increase revenue stream. I only attend about 10 games a year usually all at home, I doubt that will change. But I reckon I will probably stream 90% of the games I don't attend - a clear increase in spend for me.

Last edited:
To be honest, on a personal note, I'd only use this for Tuesday away games that I can't get to. We only have two of those after January the 1st, so won't be massively used. One of those games is Maidenhead away. We packed that out on a Tuesday last season, be interesting to see if it's the same this season with this service in place.

It remains to be seen if this replaces away fans or provides additional revenue stream.

From my point of view it will increase revenue stream. I only attend about 10 games a year usually all at home, I doubt that will change. But I reckon I will probably stream 90% of thsle games I don't attend - a clear increase in spend for me.

Same here Matt, i go when im back in southend, but otherwise i just have cash sitting here every weekend to pay that they dont get now.

Im sure the away hardcore will still go as they are awesome. But most fans will pay for away games i reckon.

Seeing a LOT of negativity on Twitter, but personally speaking as someone that barely gets to a handful of games a season, I'll be all over this now and that will be extra money into they Blues they wouldnt have got.

Would assume a lot of people in same boat too.

Back